Page 287 of 553 FirstFirst ... 187237277285286287288289297337387 ... LastLast
Results 2,861 to 2,870 of 5526

Thread: Before and after pics page 287

AussieMum is offline Junior Member

Smile re Wilder pictures

Primal Fuel
    Wow Wilder that is awesome- you look great. Thanks for posting- a great inspiration!

bbaker6212 is offline Member

my primal life update

Quote Originally Posted by bbaker6212 View Post
    OK, unfortunately I don't have any before pic. I've always hovered around 175 lbs and in decent shape most of my life. Then two months ago I started reading, learning, and eating more Primal - say 90% or so (I eat fermented dairy and lots of nuts, seeds, plus some lentils), plus I stopped jogging and started doing sprint training. Still do a bit of bar work - pullups, dips, etc., but haven't been in the gym for over a year. Today I stepped on the scale for the first time in years and I weigh 164 lbs, same as when I graduated high school. It will be interesting to see what happens 6 to 12 months down the line with a continued Primal lifestyle - especially if I get back into the gym! I posted this result and a link to this site to my friends on Facebook as a thank you to Mark Sisson and all the other Paleo sites I've learned from. I'll be 48 years old in December.

[as of August 13, 2011] It's about time for an update. My best attempt at a shirtless James bond. ;-)
    About 4 months being Primal now, and about 1 month back at the gym 3 days a week after a year off. Previously I had been doing only bar work on the beach - pullups, pushups, dips, ect. I would like continue my sprint-walks two days a week but have only been able to do it sporadically right now due to nursing an injured achilles tendon I hurt the first day I ran on my new barefoot/minimal running shoes. Learn from my mistake and take it easy and let your feet get used to things the first couple weeks if you go minimal. My weight today is 170 lbs (5'10"), not unexpected as my goal was to add muscle and I've been eating like a pig - of course still low-carb. Full disclosure... the overhead light is exaggerating things via shadows... but hey, I'll take it. I can use the motivation by way of progress even if exaggerated ;-)

One non-primal thing... I was taking a Creatine suplement before workouts. Not every day, but sporadically. I think this is part of my achilles tendon (or lower calf problem). A friend of mine did the same thing. Pulled his calf doing sprints while on Creatine. A word of warning, esp. for you bare-footies. Creatine has been reported by many people that it can cause cramping. Drink liberal amounts of water if you're not already.

Quote Originally Posted by bbaker6212 View Post
    [as of August 13, 2011] It's about time for an update. My best attempt at a shirtless James bond. ;-)
    About 4 months being Primal now, and about 1 month back at the gym 3 days a week after a year off. Previously I had been doing only bar work on the beach - pullups, pushups, dips, ect. I would like continue my sprint-walks two days a week but have only been able to do it sporadically right now due to nursing an injured achilles tendon I hurt the first day I ran on my new barefoot/minimal running shoes. Learn from my mistake and take it easy and let your feet get used to things the first couple weeks if you go minimal. My weight today is 170 lbs (5'10"), not unexpected as my goal was to add muscle and I've been eating like a pig - of course still low-carb. Full disclosure... the overhead light is exaggerating things via shadows... but hey, I'll take it. I can use the motivation by way of progress even if exaggerated ;-)

Oh!... I did finally find a before picture. This was about 1 year ago when I was full-on eating high carb and not exercising much (If I remember correctly). I also was not getting much sun, obviously. I wasn't very over-weight for sure, but soft and higher body fat (BMI?) in comparison to my leaner, primal self now.

Last edited by bbaker6212; 09-06-2011 at 09:08 PM.

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Wow! Look at her ... teeth! I mean seriously, Weston Price would be beside himself at that broad skull structure and those wide dental arches!

5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Your progress defies description, bbaker! Incredible.
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    So I thought you guys might get a kick out of this.

Backstory: I am an Identical Twin, 5 minutes younger. Both of us at some point weighed 300lbs+.

Here is a before picture of me, for reference:

Here is a before picture of my brother, for reference:

And now, below, is a current photo of both of us together. I have been paleo/primal for years now but my brother never got interested in getting healthier. He recently had some health problems that scared him, and for the past 6 months has decided to let me help his diet. By teaching him how to be paleo/primal, fixing his diet, and getting him moving, I've managed to have him drop almost 70 pounds already.

Here is our most recent photo together:

His clothes are so much bigger on him now it looks like he's wearing a blanket! I'm super proud of him and happy that my experience and knowledge I've gathered over the years is not only removing his health problems, but making him healthier than he's been in the past 10 years.

Know what my favorite part is? WE ARE STARTING TO LOOK LIKE IDENTICAL TWINS AGAIN INSTEAD OF STRANGERS.

Bane is offline Senior Member
    Hell yeah, Rivvin! That is awesome. I was wondering about your brother the other day... he must feel great. It was probably tough on him having you get so fit and thin and I bet it was hard for him to even want to get started. It's really cool that he's stuck with it and lost that much. Congrats to both of you guys.

NDF
    NDF is offline Senior Member
    Rivvin, you and your brother look fabulous! Great job on getting him on board with primal. You must be proud to be a part of improving his health.

Kenzington is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Holy crap Rivvin! That's amazing. You and your bro are my heros! Why can't I have a hot identical twin to aspire to? ha!