Page 268 of 553 FirstFirst ... 168218258266267268269270278318368 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,680 of 5521

Thread: Before and after pics page 268

SeanBissell is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hahha, thank's everyone

Yea, we put in our "dues" for sure before we went on the Hawaii trip.

It was an epic trip though

Here's some pics in a cool little animated slideshow thingy if yer interested. ‪Kauai Adventures - Animoto Style‬‏ - YouTube

Happy Tuesday!
    -Sean

And here's the album on Facebook Facebook
    -Sean

Rhyno is offline Member
    Looks like a great trip, and to say that your wife is hot would be like saying water is wet or ice is cold!!

Mind sharing an average day of your diet here, Sean?

SteveO is offline Member
    The main thing with the plank is that you're face-down with your mid-section unsupported, so an easy way to start might be a position similar to a wall pushup, but maybe leaning a little further, like with your hands on a countertop. Keep your body straight for as long as you can, and then come back later for another try. I bet it won't take long for your abs to remember how to do their job, and you can increase the angle toward horizontal. Keep plugging away - I bet you're going to change a lot of other people's lives as well as your own!

Raiken3712 is offline Senior Member
    Oh yeah I forgot to say the first planks I tried were the Hand/Knee planks in the Primal Blueprint ebook. The forearm feet plan looks more simple, but I have a concrete/tile floor and its hard on my forearms. Also I'm curious how the "Primal" movement compares to step one in the progression. I can see why step one would work your obliques, but not why step for or the ultimate "Primal" movement would. The exercise is supposed to work your whole stomach not just one section.
    Height: 6'1"
    Primal start date: July 1st 2011
    Start Weight: 275
    Current Weight: 248
    Stats below as of September 1st 2011 Tested via BodPod
    Body Fat 25.4%
    Fat Mass 63.721
    Fat Free Mass 74.6%
    Fat Free Mass 187.087
    Goal weight: 180-200 lbs(Recommended weight is around 180 for my height but that sounds low)
    Total lost so far: 27 lbs

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyno View Post
    Looks like a great trip, and to say that your wife is hot would be like saying water is wet or ice is cold!!

Mind sharing an average day of your diet here, Sean?
    Hahaha thanks! I think she's pretty hot too

I really don't eat the same thing every single day, I do stick to a pretty Primal diet though.

When I'm cutting down I eliminate most carbs. But when I'm just doing my "normal" thing, I do include some rice and potatoes. I know those are borderline Primal though.

In terms of workouts, we just usually do Crossfit twice or so a week.

If I'm cutting down though, I usually include a couple walks and runs in there as well. Nothing too intense, just take the dogs with us and go for maybe a 3 mile run max.

Here's a video I took that shows an example of the Crossfit stuff we do if you're interested.

‪Joes Birthday Workout - Higher Quality‬‏ - YouTube

Happy Wednesday!
    -Sean

Karrmer is offline Junior Member
    Is the dramatic smashing the weights on the ground every time you finish a set a crossfit thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Karrmer View Post
    Is the dramatic smashing the weights on the ground every time you finish a set a crossfit thing?
    Hahahah totally

But really, Crossfit is competitive and everyone is trying to finish as fast as they possibly can. In that situation, you just burn more energy if you want to gently put down the weight when you're moving on to the next thing.

Plus, all the weights have rubber coating, and the ground is also rubber, so it's set up for the "dramatic smashing of weights."
    -Sean

Karrmer is offline Junior Member
    Ah, I really was just curious and wondered why they bounced so much. I'd be afraid of smashing my feet or something though

SteveO is offline Member
    The closer to horizontal you are, the more work for your core muscles, so starting at an angle is easier.

Standing straight up, all your weight is on your feet, and none on your hands/arms. So your core muscles just twitch occasionally to keep you upright. If you lean more than just a few degrees, you'll have to support yourself with your hands/arms, and as you've noticed from wall pushups, the further you lean, the more they have to work. Your core also comes into play more as the angle increases, to keep you from bending in the middle. So, on forearms and toes - essentially horizontal - makes your core work the hardest. When you do hand/knee planks, the angle is much further from horizontal; that's why hand/knee pushups are easier - you're not getting as close to horizontal, so there's less work for your arms/chest.

To work the obliques, turn so that your side faces the floor.