Thread: Before and after pics page 171

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Dear Gentlemen of the Prime:
    I just want to say
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Elizabelle is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nopie View Post
    " I'm sorry, are you being sarcastic? It's hard for me to tell. I'm Canadian and we don't have a big Jewish population."
    I <3 30 Rock! Great reference!
    *** Be the change you wish to see in the world ***

3fiddyz is offline Junior Member
    Hi all, time for me to post up some progress shots, have been primal since mid-january 2010, I got a set of scales mid february 2010 and weighed 124kg (270lb), as of the start of the month I now weigh 91kg (200lb). Still got a few more kilos of excess fat to lose, but its coming off steadily and I should reach my ideal weight in the next few months, I am confident I'll get there, I eat right and exercise right and it happens!

So here are my progress shots: http://foodphotos.com.au/primal-progress.jpg

Love the primal lifestyle, if anyone out there is undecided about giving it a go, just jump in and be as disciplined as you can be, you simply will not regret it, I am in the best physical condition of my life and I turn 35 this year, I feel fantastic every single day! I now follow the primal diet 100% of the time, I do not have cheat meals and keep my carb intact extremely low. I have developed a passion for charcuterie and now cure and smoke my own bacon & sausages, I also make my own fresh sausages & have a curing chamber to make my own salami's, chorizo's, pancetta's & air dried wagyu, seriously yummy stuff, why would I want processed rubbish when I have a fridge and freezer full of such delicious meat products :-)

Thank you to everyone else that has put up their progress shots, your an inspiration to me, I love this community.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 3fiddyz View Post
    Hi all, time for me to post up some progress shots, have been primal since mid-january 2010, I got a set of scales mid february 2010 and weighed 124kg (270lb), as of the start of the month I now weigh 91kg (200lb). Still got a few more kilos of excess fat to lose, but its coming off steadily and I should reach my ideal weight in the next few months, I am confident I'll get there, I eat right and exercise right and it happens!

So here are my progress shots: http://foodphotos.com.au/primal-progress.jpg

Love the primal lifestyle, if anyone out there is undecided about giving it a go, just jump in and be as disciplined as you can be, you simply will not regret it, I am in the best physical condition of my life and I turn 35 this year, I feel fantastic every single day! I now follow the primal diet 100% of the time, I do not have cheat meals and keep my carb intact extremely low. I have developed a passion for charcuterie and now cure and smoke my own bacon & sausages, I also make my own fresh sausages & have a curing chamber to make my own salami's, chorizo's, pancetta's & air dried wagyu, seriously yummy stuff, why would I want processed rubbish when I have a fridge and freezer full of such delicious meat products :-)

Thank you to everyone else that has put up their progress shots, your an inspiration to me, I love this community.
    Let me be the first to say....HOLY FRICKIN' CRAP! Amazing!!

On a side note, a hot guy who makes his own meat products....just too good to be true

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Ok here!

THE BEFORE: 2003. 5'10", 240 lbs.

THE MIDDLE: Adopting PB-style living, 2008 -

Tennising

Supermanning

Krav Maga Testing

Uncomfortable With Heights-ing

THE AFTER:

Screw you guys, I'll get there :/ All that's left is a jiggy belly that must be due to some hormonal thing because my face is like freakin' Skeletor already.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Wow Grumpy! You look AMAAAAAZING! And, I might add, you look so sweet and happy..............I feel confused by that

THE AFTER:

Unamused Mouse is offline Senior Member
    Sooo awesome! Love the Superman, GC.

Herbwifemama is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    Screw you guys, I'll get there :/ All that's left is a jiggy belly that must be due to some hormonal thing because my face is like freakin' Skeletor already.
    Is that why your avi is you with a skeleton? I love your pics, great progress.

probienomics is offline Junior Member
    I've just spent the past three days wading through all the amazing transformations, both physical and psychological, that have accompanied the primal lifestyle, and a BIG congratulations is due to all of you; not just for taking control of your own health, but for coming on here and serving as a continuous form of inspiration to everyone else. I picked up PB in the beginning of February, fell in love with the concepts, jumped in full force, and I'm not looking back. I've lost 15-30 pounds a couple of times in the past doing Atkins (mostly processed and Frankenfoods) and MediFast, and was absolutely miserable during the course of both. Seeing as how I currently have more vascularity in my hands and feet and clearer skin than I can ever remember, I'm looking forward to continuing the motivational trend by posting some photos in a few weeks.

Pretty much all of my friends think I'm crazy when I tell them I'm feasting on bacon, eggs, lamb, goat, bone marrow, bison heart, sweetbreads, whole rabbits, baby octopuses, and as many leafy greens as I can fit in my refrigerator (and loving every second of it). The little extra flair that I've added to get in touch with my own grokitude is eating meals (especially meat) with my bare hands; there is something sublimely primal about tearing meat off a bone with your teeth and growling at the dog when he comes to sniff. Of course, he gets the scraps, and then we go chase cats. Next week I'm moving into a house where I can plant a vegetable garden and ride my bike to work everyday. I'm stoked.

Two years ago, when I was consuming that industrial soy crap called Medifast and getting crazy stressed about work, my health declined to the point that I spent 10 days in the fetal position on my couch followed by a not-too-surprising Crohn's diagnosis. For the past 5 weeks I've tried to live like a feral hominid with an ipod, and I haven't had a single digestive issue. This past weekend I went to a kite festival, and was able to sprint 40 yards and not gasp for air. This is not a diet. This is my new way of life. Thank you, Mark, Grokkers, and Grokkettes.

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    3fiddyz ,grumpy ...absolutely freaking AMAZING. Thank you, you are so inspiring!
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey