Page 14 of 553 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114514 ... LastLast

Thread: Before and after pics page 14

Timothy is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Bane View Post
    Sorry, no magic exercise program here, I'm actually kind of embarrassed at how little I do!
    This is a very important point. "Keeping one in the barrel" is one of the best things you can do for fitness. Working out too intensely or too frequently compromises your ability to recover and to grow. I am feeling the need to follow my own advice, having jumped back into workouts a wee bit too soon after an unusually active weekend. It's not easy to slow down!

Diet and mild movement is 90% of weight loss. Check out Tarlach's pictures on the "Ripped, Grok Body" thread (post #70) and you can see that exercise is the gravy, not the beef.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...pped+grok+body

Bane is offline Senior Member
    Whoa. Hadn't even seen that thread... I'll have to spend some more time digging around here. Certainly something to aspire to. That boy is lee-ean!

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    This is a very important point. "Keeping one in the barrel" is one of the best things you can do for fitness. Working out too intensely or too frequently compromises your ability to recover and to grow. I am feeling the need to follow my own advice, having jumped back into workouts a wee bit too soon after an unusually active weekend. It's not easy to slow down!
    word. to. mother.

I did pyramid sets of push ups and squats (both bodyweight) for 110 total reps each, the next day I did the same for pull-ups and dips "forgetting" (read: ignoring!) that I had done push ups the previous day. 110 reps again, the "problem" though is that I felt fine enough to do the dips and didn't experience any soreness from the push-ups... but I definitely did from the dips. Still, the next day I did some of Tim's Shovelglove movements (Tim, I'm starting to seriously LOVE my hammer) and now my back muscles, those closer to my spine, are a little sore. Despite all that this morning I did the same pull-up, dip routine but only for 55 total reps each and then some sprinting. It's really hard to rest when you start to see things come together but I'll make tomorrow a rest day...
    Last edited by iniQuity; 04-30-2010 at 07:33 PM.

Feanor78 is offline Senior Member
    I'm doing this more to embarrass myself and to put a little more accountability in to the mix... here is me now, being a big fat fatty (6'3", 330 lbs):

Since I started eating way better about 2 weeks ago, my work uniform pants (which were painfully tight) now have some nice slack, and I'm looking forward to continuing to slice away at my waistline. I don't know if it's possible, but I would really like to have a 42 or 40 waist so I could actually buy pants at normal stores.

And there will be pictures to prove it in like 10 weeks, dammit!

@Feanor, it's going to be bunkers to watch you slim down dude, you're on your way with the pants feeling looser already.

Sungrazer is offline Senior Member
    Epic photo Feanor, epic! Keep at it and a size 40 is within the realm of possibility!
    Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

Timothy is offline Senior Member
    Right on, Feanor! Trust me, you will be glad you took that picture. I was too ashamed and skeptical to take a good before pic of myself... now I wish I had. These days, when I see pictures like yours, all I see is a big block of marble ready for the chisel. Enjoy your transformation through eating wonderful foods. We'll be looking forward to your first set of progress pics!

IniQuity, man, I feel you. Shortly after I wrote that post, I went out with my hammer, thinking I'll just do a couple easy stretches to loosen my back. Next thing I know I'm practicing intense defensive routines. When the lunch break came around and I was tempted to go for a walk on stiff legs, I forced myself just to take a nap in the sun. That turned out to be a much wiser choice.

CheriB is offline Member
    Feanor you rock. Ok if you can do it I can do it...
    Here is my day 1 pic, big belly and all...taken in September of 2009.
    I was working out like crazy, lifting, running etc and yet I still struggled with my stomach fat.
    My weight loss has been slow (4 pounds), but I've lost more inches than pounds.
    Here I was thinking PB wasn't working for me but this thread made me dig up my before pics.
    Perhaps in my obsession to take my body where it doesn't want to go(6 pack please ) I lost sight of where I started.
    The second pic is from 04/29/10
    (excuse the packing mess)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by CheriB View Post
    Feanor you rock. Ok if you can do it I can do it...
    Here is my day 1 pic, big belly and all...taken in September of 2009.
    I was working out like crazy, lifting, running etc and yet I still struggled with my stomach fat.
    My weight loss has been slow (4 pounds), but I've lost more inches than pounds.
    Here I was thinking PB wasn't working for me but this thread made me dig up my before pics.
    Perhaps in my obsession to take my body where it doesn't want to go(6 pack please ) I lost sight of where I started.
    The second pic is from 04/29/10
    (excuse the packing mess)
    I can't view your attachments, if you have them uploaded somewhere post the links.

CheriB is offline Member
    I tried..I'm computer challenged it seems. Says they are "pending approval"