Page 112 of 552 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162212 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 5520

Thread: Before and after pics page 112

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    Hi!
    Hmm, grow some lamb chops and a chest rug, and you're well on your way to earning bucks as a Wolverine standin for Hugh Jackman, Stevo!
    Great job!!

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bane View Post
    I said I'd post pictures after Whole 30, so here we go.
    Christ, man.

I... I really gotta... jesus... *goes away mumbling*
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

New Renaissance is offline Senior Member
    This thread is awesome. I wish I took some before pictures. I might have to post an after pic when i hit my goals.

Great job everyone!!!

San-San is offline Member
    Well done. You are on a really good way.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Great work Nickoli1, you've done really well to lose all that weight, I can't wait to see how you tone up now you're fine-tuning. You're gonna look even better!

pklopp is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonmh View Post
    Those are awesome results. How long did it take you to go from the before to after?
    Thanks, Jason!

That's not an easy question to answer.

I wasn't particularly comfortable with taking my shirt off in public in my before state, so I had a really tough time finding a picture. The one I did find was from a Christmas vacation to Playa Del Carmen in 2006. I turned 40 in 2008 and that's when I decided that at that juncture I could either go completely to seed or do something about the state of affairs. However, between when that picture was taken and my 40th, it was pretty much business as usual, the physique pretty much went unchanged.

My initial try at "doing something about it" involved intermittent fasting 2 days out of every week. I was eating anything I wanted ( and I would religiously break my fast with a big plate of meat, salad, rice and pita bread ) and still losing weight. At the beginning of this year, however, I decided that I needed to fine tune things, so I cut out the refined carbohydrates, and then the fat melted off. I got sick somewhere in March with a stomach bug, couldn't eat for a couple of days, and woke up with abs!

So, to make a long story short(er), it took me about 15 months to lose the weight, but I was meandering. I cannot say how much faster it would have gone without the refined carbs, but my gut here ( former gut? ) says maybe 3 - 4 months? However, I'm just speculating.
    Last edited by pklopp; 11-24-2010 at 05:36 AM.

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    I got sick somewhere in March with a stomach bug, couldn't eat for a couple of days, and woke up with abs!
    Love it, so true. I'm learning that the abs & biceps I built years ago, then covered over with flab, are still under there. As soon as I dropped the grains, the fat started melting off and I saw them (and I can still lift as much as I could then), even without me eating less or starting up exercise again. Amazing.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by christi@japan View Post
    Garcia, :applause:
    +1 and another +1 for the haircut dude, looking good

(late I know, but I have been working my way through this thread over the past few days)

pklopp is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post
    Love it, so true. I'm learning that the abs & biceps I built years ago, then covered over with flab, are still under there. As soon as I dropped the grains, the fat started melting off and I saw them (and I can still lift as much as I could then), even without me eating less or starting up exercise again. Amazing.
    Absolutely, 100% agreed. We all have pretty amazing physiques under a muffling layer of fat.

Bane is offline Senior Member
    I'd say that's got to be right, considering the amount I actually work out, especially my abs. Crunch? What's a crunch?

That whole "abs are made in the kitchen" thing - I used to think that was just kind of a "line" used to make people eat better, I had no idea it's actually 100% true.