Page 111 of 553 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 5523

Thread: Before and after pics page 111

NDF
    NDF is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Wow Bane! What an awesome transformation!
    Based on the muscular definition visible in your arms and the lack of lingering body fat on your abdominals, I'd be willing to bet the BF estimation your scale is giving you is pretty darn accurate.

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Jesus H Christ man. Wow. No more weight loss for you! I'm with your wife, you ought to start EATING FOOD! Congrats, wow. Talk about beach ready.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    damn. i don't mean this in a pervy way but yeah, try out for underwear modeling. you'll fit right in

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    *** Edited post - I've been directing so many guys from work to mda that I had to replace my after pic "protect the innocent"..
    I've also added another before pick that I found when going through some old photo's last night.

Hi all,

I have been on the forum for a little while, but haven't started a journal or added before or after pics as I came to PB for overall health benefits rather than looking for a weightloss plan. I've never really been overweight, although I did fall into the skinny fat zone for a while at various points in the past 10 years so not a major visual transformation, but the changes to my overall well being have been fantastic.

I was always the skinny kid, smaller than others the same age with little to no muscle. I got into cross country running at 16 as it was something I could do well, and was soon running 80+ miles a week (I've got some pics somewhere showing me looking scarely skinny, will try to find them as one of my befores..). I had good power to weight ration and enjoyed rock-climing etc. but could never (unsurprisingly) bulk up. Fast forward 10 years and I had knocked the running on the head and hit the weights following CW body building training programs and got up to around 180 lbs at my heaviest, with quite low body fat (although I never measured it) I had a 29 inch waist and 41 inch chest. Even so, when I looked in the mirror all I could see was the skinny 16 year old. It started to be an issue so after a couple of years I stopped trying to get bigger. Then I started travelling round the world trying to find somewhere to settle (as I wanted to get out of the UK), and over the following 7 or 8 years I then flip flopped between letting everyhing go and becoming skinny fat and training like mad for a few months trying to get back to former glory!

This was taken in 2005 after I'd just finished a 3 hr surfing session, had been eating crap and boozing far too much for too long. After seeing this I bought a Total Body Gym XLI (Thank you very much Mr. Norris!) and changed up my diet to a health (CW) regime and got back into pretty good shape, but then yo yo'd back and forth for the next few years.

All through this I've suffered IBS to varying degrees, with garlic being a major trigger for me (I know, bizarre). I came across paleo a couple of years ago while doing crossfit 5+ times a week and getting great results, which was after seeing the following view of me in holiday snaps in 2007

However, true to form I didn't keep up the training and the following pic was taken in April 2009, after not training between Dec 08 & Apr 09. Can see that I was starting to lose it again here... and it only got worse until I pulled my socks up in 2010.

I've also just realised how few pics I have of me in good shape... I have now resolved to strut round naked as much as possible whenever a camera is around to fix this

But only kept it up for 6 months or so and then dabbled every few months again after that. The paleo / zone thing all seem a little restrictive but not eating the grains and rice made me feel much better, and I found that I could eat low levels of garlic again without issue. But as happens (at least to me) I fell off the wagon as it was just 'too difficult' eating differently from my partner and his family, who we spend a lot of time with. I think I'm a little OCD and commit 100% to something I'm interested in, to the point that I beat up on myself quite a bit if I fall off the wagon.

Then earlier this year I found MDA and the PB! Eating this way is effortless, it wasn't a leap for me to drop the grains again, and I'd already really cut back on sugary foods, but because it's a bit more flexible it's also easier to deal with the family dinners. I just go for the meat dishes, and don't eat the rice, and don't sweat the small stuff which was a bit of a struggle at first but using the 80%/20% rule is brilliant.

A lot of my friends & family are telling me that I look too skinny now and need to put some weight (read body fat) on. Personally I think it's either that they're perception of how much fat is 'normal' is skewed, that most of my clothes are a little baggy now and that my partner has been hitting the gym for a few months and is now bigger and filling out his clothes more, whereas he used to be the skinny one and I was the larger. So when we're side by side it makes me look even skinnier.

Admittedly, this is pretty much all from watching how I eat and very little exercise (e.g. walking to and from work, some occasional extra walking at the weekends/evenings, and the odd pull-up / push up & squat session a couple of times a month. I do plan on making my training more consistant and building up my upper body a little more (and you can't see my chicken legs), but I guess I'm just looking for some opinions on whether I'm too skinny or not. And not from an "I like my men with big barrel chests" point of view, but from a do I look unhealthily skinny or not view (yes I know I'm pasty too, but I'm working on that).

Thanks to those who have already given feedback, much appreciated & great work by everyone on this thread (and indeed MDA). You're all inspirational.

I'm looking forward to updating my pics in another month, will be good to compare and see how "bane'esque" I've become!!

And even as I was typing this, I've just had another very worried colleague standing here telling me how concerned they are that I've lost too much weight and am looking really unhealthy. I've recommenced that she reads PB.
    Last edited by Misabi; 10-21-2011 at 07:39 PM. Reason: added another pic

no i wouldn't call that skinny, looks nice

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    misabi! Great changes. Seriously. Hot...not skinny. You look awesome.

Bane, that 30 day challenge REALLY made the difference. Or actually *you* made the difference by sticking to it. WTG man.
    Last edited by cillakat; 11-23-2010 at 05:45 PM.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

TigerJ is offline Senior Member
    Bane, amazing abs. But I think the coolest thing is that you look about 26-27. If I remember right, you're 10+ years older than that y?

Bane is offline Senior Member
    Thanks guys. . I'm a few months away from 37 (yikes).

I've planned on trying to pack on more muscle after Whole 30 for a couple weeks now, but simply saying EAT FOOD doesn't quite cover it. I've had several days where I ate 4-5 pounds of different meat, eggs, fruit, yams, and then coconut oil cocoa balls for a bedtime snack... while losing this weight. So damn, I'm going to have to eat like it's my job from now on! Good thing I really love yams.

I was playing with a 40 pound kettlebell yesterday at the mall. Crazy to think that thing was lighter than the pile of fat I've burned off this year.

Thanks again everyone, I'd still be fat without this place, Free The Animal, and Robb Wolf. Keeping a journal on here and having lots of support is the main reason I could keep to that Whole 30.

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Thanks bloodorchid and cillakat, it's good to have some affirmation that I'm on the right track

Now, time to hit the iron and stuff my face full of primal goodies if I'm ever going to get near Bane (my new hero ;-) ).

if i were a guy, he'd be my hero too