Page 102 of 553 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 5526

Thread: Before and after pics page 102

Bane is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Holy SHIT, Garcia!! You are making some serious progress. The difference between your first and last pictures is ridiculous. Dig the new hairdo too.

Wow man, congrats. You must feel fucking great looking at how far you've come. Fantastic.

Unamused Mouse is offline Senior Member

MarkP is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Garcia View Post
    Quick update i am 21 now and i actually weigh the same as i did on that photo but there is a noticable difference. Atleast i think so I'm in the shape of my life and my endurance and strength is stronger than ever and still rising.

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/7...er20201020.jpg

The quote is from may

This picture was taken in september and i'm actually even sharper now.
    Great work! What's your excercise/diet like?

christi@japan is offline Junior Member
    Garcia, :applause:
    Mom of 4 awesome kids, wife to one great husband; all on our way to living PRIMAL.My Mantra: I am not a Number:weight, clothing size,etc. I am in it for the HEALTH!

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cillakat View Post
    MamaGrok, what does that have to do with the experience of the women who do have sagging skin or have gained weight. No one said it was a given, just that that has been the experience of *some* of those who have gained a lot of weight or who have had twin pregnancies.

I'm not sure what you're trying to prove here except to make those that have shared their difficulties feel badly.

Fwiw, I do a ton of labor support and have been to several hundred births. I won't say what *most* of the women look like - including the ones that have had 5 or 10 kids because it is irrelevant. Not everyone looks the same and how they look when they post partum depends on the confluence of many factors.

I just cannot get over the tone of your post. If you'll read back, those that posted about not having pin-up perfect bodies after birth were doing so in response to a myriad of posts regarding loose tummies going away if just given 'enough time'. Some will *if the dermis is not damaged*. Some won't (if there is dermal damage). And again dermal damage or no depends on weight before pregnancy, age, diet, tissue integrity etc etc.

It *really* is as simple as that.
    Thank you Kat, as a woman who carried twins to 38 weeks who also happens to have very thin skin, there is no way I will ever lose my tummy. The dermis is all torn up to hell. My aim is simply to lose the fat between my abs and the damaged skin, the rest I'll fix with support hose

Schneider is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkP View Post
    +1, man i wish i could be as cut ! I'm ten years older, but i don't let that stop me ..

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Garcia, that is an amazing transformation! Thanks for taking the time to share!

Kat - I'm sorry that the tone was upsetting; I fully admit to throwing off posts as fast as possible these days and having little opportunity to re-read to be sure it can only be taken in the way intended. I meant simply this: After reading "women can't get their bodies back after pregnancy," and several posts that seemed to be saying something similar, I meant to be affirming, not haughty. I meant to say something along the lines of, "Even if there is some sagging that we can see when we're alone in front of the mirror, to others, we probably look great when fully clothed in public." I should have clarified that the majority of the mothers of many that I know have no sagging skin that is visible to the casual observer.

I think a lot of people blame children for the weight so many of us gain as we age (a reasonable conclusion, since most of us women are gaining as we age, and most of us have children), when what we eat is really the core of the problem, and so we hear the message for many decades that motherhood means our bodies are messed up. I want to encourage other primal mothers out there that while we will likely never be bikini-model skin-tight, we can be fit, trim, beautiful, and even hot. And the fact that I've spent 15 minutes writing this post and editing and re-editing illustrates why it's so easy for intention to go awry on the internet!
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post
    Kat - I'm sorry that the tone was upsetting; I fully admit to throwing off posts as fast as possible these days and having little opportunity to re-read to be sure it can only be taken in the way intended. I meant simply this: After reading "women can't get their bodies back after pregnancy," and several posts that seemed to be saying something similar, I meant to be affirming, not haughty. I meant to say something along the lines of, "Even if there is some sagging that we can see when we're alone in front of the mirror, to others, we probably look great when fully clothed in public." I should have clarified that the majority of the mothers of many that I know have no sagging skin that is visible to the casual observer.

I think a lot of people blame children for the weight so many of us gain as we age (a reasonable conclusion, since most of us women are gaining as we age, and most of us have children), when what we eat is really the core of the problem, and so we hear the message for many decades that motherhood means our bodies are messed up. I want to encourage other primal mothers out there that while we will likely never be bikini-model skin-tight, we can be fit, trim, beautiful, and even hot. And the fact that I've spent 15 minutes writing this post and editing and re-editing illustrates why it's so easy for intention to go awry on the internet!
    Thanks for taking the time to clarify and yes I reckon we can be trim and hot too, even in our support hose

redtoycar is offline Member
    O to tha M to tha G, Garcia. Damn!

I still love MamaGrok's attitude. I can't wait to wear a bikini again, wrinkly belly skin be damned. I'm shameless, though.

Garcia is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkP View Post
    Hey first and all thanks for all the comments! Really appreciated!

The transformation so far has taken 11 months so it's been under way. I can't say i've had a constant diet / exercise plan to follow. I've mixed around a bit like the first 6 months i did bodyweight exercises but now i've switched over to lifting heavy a lot. Also had a run with 4 months doing BJJ which was really fun but i've decided to focus fully on weight lifting now which really drives me. I mostly take my bike or walk if i wanna go anywhere. My weightlifting is oriented around strength and power, so i do a lot of singles and triples with a lot of sets.

My diet is pretty much the primal principle mixed with IF'ing. Sometimes i do 16-8 other times i take 24x2 on non-consecutive days. I don't count calories but i used too for 2-3 weeks so i have an approximate on how much i take in.

Because of weightlifting i have incorporated refeeds or cheat windows where i have 3 hours 1 or 2 times a week where i can eat what ever i want, this is however a bit advanced so i wouldn't advice anybody to do this who doesn't have some definition in abs when they flex.
    Last edited by Garcia; 11-10-2010 at 11:30 AM.