Page 101 of 553 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 5526

Thread: Before and after pics page 101

bUMbLeB is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Crafter View Post
    Here is today's update:

Dammit man, how 'bout a little less modesty, and a little more context??? I actually dug back through this monster thread just to find it:

Well done, you magnificent bastard.

scubasam is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    Oh, honey . . . your words may come back to bite you in the ass (or rather, abs). There are many reasons women can't get their bodies back after pregnancy. Here are a few:

1) Multiples: Mothers of twins and higher can tell you that no matter how lean you are, gaining 30 to 40 pounds centered in your abdomen in 6 months will stretch the skin and it may not ever spring back. Most moms of multiples have a flap of stretched skin that only a tummy tuck will fix.

2) Diastasis: This is a separation that can occur in the abdominal muscles during pregnancy. It is fixable, but it requires specific exercises with precise form. Very difficult for most women to achieve.

3) Hormones: Especially for older moms, hormones can be thrown out of whack by a pregnancy. Some women need progesterone, thyroid meds, or other hormones, and those who don't fix their hormones are doomed to a flabby belly no matter how they eat.

4) Age: I can tell you from experience that having a child at 32 and having a child at 40 are two different experiences. The older you are when you give birth, the more likely it is that your skin is not elastic enough to spring back into shape. I am 5'7", 136 pounds. Very toned legs, fantastically muscular arms. . . and a poochy belly that drives me nuts and does not respond to exercise, and is certainly not "made in the kitchen".

Okay. . . .I'm stepping off my soapbox now. Just wanted to stick up for all the moms here who follow the Primal lifestyle to the tee yet are still struggling.
    Thankfully missed the original quote, lol. 3 kids in 3 years has done irreparable damage to this body that will only be fixed with surgery. Whacked up hormones that only started happening in my mid-20's did a number on this body and mind as well. It's not as simple as misathemeb wants it to be.

ZoŽ is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerLily View Post
    MalPaz! Did you realize your skin is so healthy now that it glows? This makes me very happy.
    +1!

Quote Originally Posted by bUMbLeB View Post
    Dammit man, how 'bout a little less modesty, and a little more context??? I actually dug back through this monster thread just to find it:

Well done, you magnificent bastard.
    You got me.... the name of this thread is Before and after pics... I should show them both.

First I lost about 30lbs with exercise and IF.
    Then, having got 'stuck' I switched to Primal and lost another 25.

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Nice work, men! Thanks for the inspiring pics!!

Now, ladies - say what you will about babies doing "irreparable damage," but I know many, many women who have had 6, 8, 10, even 12 children, usually finishing up in their early to mid forties, and the majority of them are thin and have no sagging skin. Now, if they had an aspiration to be bikini models, that might need a little help from the plastic surgeon, but they're not walking around with belly pooches, floppy skin, and all that. In the everyday clothes I see them in (no, we're not talking muu-muus), they look great - and so can you, and so can I!

As for me, I have 5 and haven't reached my goals yet, so I'll be sure to share them when (the Lord willin') I do, but I tend to look at any changes I attribute to my children (which don't include my belly & fat, b/c bread did that) as the signs that I'm not a maiden, but a mother, and for me, that has changed who I am inside and out, permanently, for the better. FWIW, I fixed my diastasis 5 times simply with the exercises mentioned in the What To Expect... books (well, I just did it very casually and w/o any specific exercises the last two times). It'll be interesting to see what's left at the end of this journey, to be sure, but if I look half as good as the mothers of many that I know, I'll be thrilled!
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

primal pete is offline Senior Member
    12 kids...ten years of being pregnant...damn.

redtoycar is offline Member
    I like your attitude, MamaGrok.

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post
    Nice work, men! Thanks for the inspiring pics!!

Now, ladies - say what you will about babies doing "irreparable damage," but I know many, many women who have had 6, 8, 10, even 12 children, usually finishing up in their early to mid forties, and the majority of them are thin and have no sagging skin.
    MamaGrok, what does that have to do with the experience of the women who do have sagging skin or have gained weight. No one said it was a given, just that that has been the experience of *some* of those who have gained a lot of weight or who have had twin pregnancies.

I'm not sure what you're trying to prove here except to make those that have shared their difficulties feel badly.

Fwiw, I do a ton of labor support and have been to several hundred births. I won't say what *most* of the women look like - including the ones that have had 5 or 10 kids because it is irrelevant. Not everyone looks the same and how they look when they post partum depends on the confluence of many factors.

I just cannot get over the tone of your post. If you'll read back, those that posted about not having pin-up perfect bodies after birth were doing so in response to a myriad of posts regarding loose tummies going away if just given 'enough time'. Some will *if the dermis is not damaged*. Some won't (if there is dermal damage). And again dermal damage or no depends on weight before pregnancy, age, diet, tissue integrity etc etc.

It *really* is as simple as that.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

NDF
    NDF is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cillakat View Post
    ...loose tummies going away if just given 'enough time'. Some will *if the dermis is not damaged*. Some won't (if there is dermal damage). And again dermal damage or no depends on weight before pregnancy, age, diet, tissue integrity etc etc.

It *really* is as simple as that.
    This is true for some overweight men and women too.
    I have slight loose skin issues from being slightly overweight as a teenage and there is no amount of time or weight loss that will make it go away.

Garcia is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Garcia View Post
    My transformation:

Im 5"11 and i have been overweight my entire life until i reached a new high(low?) of 213 pounds(26-27% BF) in december 2009. I took this picture when i weighed 205 pounds after a month of intensive training before i found the PB.

http://yfrog.com/5b5jan201093kgj

Then i found the PB around january and i quickly went down to 187 pounds in march

http://yfrog.com/9f6marts201085kgj

And at last now in may im around 170 pounds and 14% BF though i really want to hit the sub 10% if it's possible with PB, i enjoy the food and the lifestyle so it feels great.

http://yfrog.com/g08maj201077kgj

Actually that last picture was taken i early may and just checked my BF% and its gone down to 13% so it's progressing real nice and slow

Edit: I'm 20 by the way.
    Quick update i am 21 now and i actually weigh the same as i did on that photo but there is a noticable difference. Atleast i think so I'm in the shape of my life and my endurance and strength is stronger than ever and still rising.

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/7...er20201020.jpg

The quote is from may

This picture was taken in september and i'm actually even sharper now.
    Last edited by Garcia; 11-09-2010 at 05:16 PM.