Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What are your views on all natural peanut butter? page 3

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    Choco, what are your views on macadamia nuts and cashews?
    I think they're so delicious I'd love to rub them all over my face. Seriously though, they're nuts. They're very high in calories, do little to keep me full, have incomplete proteins and have anti-nutrients. I use them as a garnish or when I occasionally make a dessert. A handful of walnuts in my salad is probably my absolute favorite. If you're going to eat nuts, macadamias and cashews are probably your best bet since they're highly monounsaturated with low PUFA's.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Christina* is offline Senior Member
    I don't think it's the best choice, but I don't think the occasional ANPB is going to kill ya (literally or figuratively). If you love it, factor it into your 20% and enjoy, I think. I was never a huge PB person (I liked it, but never craved it), so I'm happy with almond butter instead (I might even prefer it now).

DeeDub is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by samiamm View Post
    Do you guys think I should just add it in my diet?
    Sure. Add in a bit, see how it goes. If there aren't any obvious signs of distress, no need to stop.

cookiemonster is offline Member
    Wal -Mart's all natural pb crunchy is made from peanuts, palm oil, and sugar and it costs around $2.60. Of course added sugar is not optimal but let me tell you it is the most satiety filling food in my diet. Eat some in the morning with some a good hearty meaty and vegetable breakfast and you easily IF for 24.
    Yes I have had almond butter but I'm a teacher and I can't live on a budget of buying one jar at around 5.00 when I get two of those Wal-Mart brands that is just absolutely delicious. NO they are not Valencia peanuts, nor are they grown in some isolated hermetically sealed anti-fungal hyper organic environment but everybody who tries to follow primal and paleo are not stay at home moms or dads or have incomes over 50,000.00 a year, most of us are just working class single stiffs like myself living on budgets of bacon, kale, eggs, spinach, and kimchi (thanks mom!) staying healthy and living and learning each and everyday from one another.
    Peace

jesssa is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cookiemonster View Post
    Yes I have had almond butter but I'm a teacher and I can't live on a budget of buying one jar at around 5.00 when I get two of those Wal-Mart brands that is just absolutely delicious.
    wow I need to get my butt down to Raleigh and get some $5 almond butter! jars go $10, $11, even $12 here!
    it does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live

at just the right time, we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don't give up

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    Wal -Mart's all natural pb crunchy is made from peanuts, palm oil, and sugar and it costs around $2.60. Of course added sugar is not optimal but let me tell you it is the most satiety filling food in my diet. Eat some in the morning with some a good hearty meaty and vegetable breakfast and you easily IF for 24.
    Yes I have had almond butter but I'm a teacher and I can't live on a budget of buying one jar at around 5.00 when I get two of those Wal-Mart brands that is just absolutely delicious. NO they are not Valencia peanuts, nor are they grown in some isolated hermetically sealed anti-fungal hyper organic environment but everybody who tries to follow primal and paleo are not stay at home moms or dads or have incomes over 50,000.00 a year, most of us are just working class single stiffs like myself living on budgets of bacon, kale, eggs, spinach, and kimchi (thanks mom!) staying healthy and living and learning each and everyday from one another.
    Peace
    i totally get the financial side of this. but, i think you can find a better nut butter. walmart's peanut butter can't be that good...taste wise i mean. spend the extra dollar on a jar of Teddy that has just peanuts, and maybe some salt. then, when you're done, you still have a glass jar (i use mine for homemade mayo or salad dressings).

Quote Originally Posted by jesssa View Post
    wow I need to get my butt down to Raleigh and get some $5 almond butter! jars go $10, $11, even $12 here!
    it's crazy expensive here too. but, i found a small jar with only almonds as ingredients for $3 at a huge discount store while buying some toys for my dog to destroy--i mean play with. i don't know if they extend out of New England, but it's a place called ocean state job lot. they also have a huge spice rack with everything under a dollar. if you're lucky, you can find some amazing deals in the most unexpected places.

cookiemonster is offline Member
    Taste damn good to me!!!!!!!!! I haven't did a blind taste test but from the peanut butters I have tried it is pretty good and sorry not everything labeled Great Choice (wal mart) brand is automatically inferior.
    Point is to original post -all "natural" peanut butter does not have to be pure as the driven paleo snow to be satisfying and part of a solid diet plan especially when you are trying to save a ONE dollar.
    Stop the insanity of paleo rigidity. Use paleo and primal guidelines but have a foot in reality as well.
    Peace

Taste damn good to me!!!!!!!!! I haven't did a blind taste test but from the peanut butters I have tried it is pretty good and sorry not everything labeled Great Choice (wal mart) brand is automatically inferior.
    Point is to original post -all "natural" peanut butter does not have to be pure as the driven paleo snow to be satisfying and part of a solid diet plan especially when you are trying to save a ONE dollar.
    Stop the insanity of paleo rigidity. Use paleo and primal guidelines but have a foot in reality as well.
    Peace
    nothing against walmart here. i usually prefer the generic brand, with only a couple of exceptions: peanut butter, olive oil, and q-tips. just a taste thing for me...i've tried their peanut butter, and it just tastes more like candy to me than peanuts. but, if you like it, have at it. like i said, i get the budget thing, and i would make any strict paleo eater shake their head in disgust. but, i also think that some things are worth a little extra for the experience of it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123