Thread: green/oolong tea and fasting page

green/oolong tea and fasting

Primal Fuel
    I started fasting till around noon a couple of days ago, and I'm happy to say that it is going very well. I have a question, though: I am drinking a lot of iced green/oolong tea during my fasted period. Will this help or hinder my weight loss efforts? The reason I'm drinking it is because I think the caffeine will make it easier for me to not get hungry.

I am amazed that I am able to skip breakfast. Only a matter of weeks ago, my blood sugar situation didn't permit me to go more than about 3 hours without eating all day. Primal nutrition rocks!

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I have never had caffeine impact my hunger levels. If it does this for you, then go ahead and drink it. Even if it doesn't reduce your hunger, drink it anyway if you enjoy it.

When I IF, my goal is not to eliminate hunger. It's to acknowledge that I'm a little hungry and decide that it's an okay thing to feel, it doesn't mean that I'm going to die if I don't eat immediately.

Being hungry now is a very different feeling from the kind of I'm-going-die-if-I don't-eat-right-now feeling that I used to have pretty frequently. Feeling hungry isn't a bad thing, and I think it's good to really feel hungry when sitting down to a meal, rather than being already half-full from a day of snacking.