Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 100% Kelp Noodles! Healthy LC pasta page 2

Lawyerchick12 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Betorq View Post
    Depending on how you treat them, chewy or rubbery, haha... Whadya want? A 0carb wonder noodle?
    lol nah, rather just use faux noodles make up of veggies than eat those rubbery noodles again *shivers*

Nady is offline Senior Member
    I got a bag of these noodles today~ would like to hear how others use them! I've tried the other ones, the Shirataki Noodles~ not impressed. Really hope I will like these kelp ones.

Paleobird Guest
    These definitely do not have the squidgy factor that the shiritake ones have. They are still more like rice noodles than wheat noodles in appearance. The flavor is very neutral and soaks up whatever is around it well.

You can use them straight out of the pack cold in salads, a little sesame oil dressing is good. Or you can heat them by boiling stir frying or microwaving. Just enough to heat them though, they don't need cooking.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I bought some kelp noodles and didn't like them at all. I like the zucchini ribbons method the best.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

palebluedots is offline Senior Member
    Have never been a fan of kelp noodles. They always seemed to have a very strong aftertaste... though I found I could diminish that by ample rinsing. But honestly, I'd rather just use my Benriner Spiralizer to make zucchini noodles.

Nady is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I bought some kelp noodles and didn't like them at all. I like the zucchini ribbons method the best.
    Maybe it's a good thing I only bought one package! My favorite so far is cabbage noodles, about fettuccine width. We'll see how these go over~ I'm feeding a non-primal husband too

kitoi is offline Senior Member
    Made hot & sour soup tonight, came out great. Don't notice the rubberiness, texture is similar to other asian noodles

heatherdarbs Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Betorq View Post
    Sea Tangle Noodle Company Kelp Noodles
    Kelp Noodles are a sea vegetable in the form of an easy to eat raw noodle. Made of only kelp (a sea vegetable), sodium alginate (sodium salt extracted from a brown seaweed) and water. Kelp Noodles are fat-free, gluten-free and very low in carbohydrates and calories.

Their noodle form and neutral taste allow for a variety of uses including salads, stir-fries, hot broths and casseroles. Their healthful content provides a rich source of trace minerals including iodine, which kelp is well known for. Their unique texture completes the package, making Kelp Noodles a one-of-a-kind healthful and tasty alternative to pasta and rice noodles. Best of all, no cooking is required. Just rinse and add the noodles to any dish and they are ready to eat.
    I mix them w/ spaghetti squash, ground turkey and marinara...and this sounds weird, but I chop up the noodles and throw a handful in w/ my eggs for the added nutrients

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by palebluedots View Post
    Have never been a fan of kelp noodles. They always seemed to have a very strong aftertaste... though I found I could diminish that by ample rinsing. But honestly, I'd rather just use my Benriner Spiralizer to make zucchini noodles.
    Really? Hmm. The Sea Tangle brand doesn't seem to have a strong flavor at all, to my tastebuds at least. I don't even rinse mine. I just use them right out of the bag. Which brand were you using?

SCruz Carter is offline Member
    I use sea tangle brand noodles (available at whole paycheck) and LOVE them! flavor is neutral, great in meat sauce or pesto for traditional pasta and have been using them instead of rice with thai curries- everyone loves them, you just need to let the flavor soak in and they soften right up. I have 3 packages in my fridge now.
    Male 37 Years Old
    210 LBs - 5/14/12 - SW
    180 LBs- 8/15/12 - CW
    ??? LBs- GW
    36"- Starting pant size
    32" - Current Pant size

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast