Thread: protein needs page

catdance62 is offline Senior Member

protein needs

I have a slight aversion to food so I track my food through cronometer.com to make sure I am getting enough calories in the right amounts of carbs, proteins, fat. Although I keep my grains to a minimum (I might eat some quinoa or millet maybe once a week at best), I am getting too many carbs and not enough protein. I eat a LOT of veggies, some fruit, and various seeds and nuts. I try to eat meat every day, but after having been a vegetarian for 13 years, I still just don't eat it enough I guess. HOnestly, I guess I am one of those people to whom eating is a nuisance and a thing that has to be done to stay alive. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get more protein? I drink Progenex Recovery after I work out (I work out around 6 times a week either running or Crossfit), and I did find some Quest protein bars that don' have anything too objectionable in them.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Just keep working at it. Eggs, cheese (is cheese ok for you?). Heck if you wanna use a whey protein drink have at it till you get over the aversion.

catdance62 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    cheese is fine. As a matter of fact, I make cheese from my goats' milk. (I sell it). I have been looking at whey protein. thanks.