Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: rare chicken okay? page 2

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    In Japan, raw chicken is a delicacy as sashimi, but they only eat the very top quality best-treated all natural chickens raw. I think it's gross, but it's not dangerous if it's raised, butchered, and served properly.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

zizou is offline Senior Member
    I have confirmed that my roast chicken from last night was medium rare. I had it in the oven for an hour so i could've sworn it was/should be done but alas it contained bright red marks on the inside (fresh blood) and the meat was sort of rubbery and harder to pull off the bone. Tasted ok (didn't taste much though, maybe too little salt used) but even with some suspicion i ended up eating the whole thing. Mainly because i knew it was about 80% cooked and that it was free range so i thought it'd be safe enough to eat.

I could eat it like that, but i like my chicken well cooked and crispy so i shall not be making the same mistake.

Heth is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yeah I do like crispy well done roasted chicken! Yum...but I do like it less done as well (probably because it's quicker!). I don't think I'm going to get too worried about it. It's not like I have it raw - it's just not quite cooked so I should be right. Most Salmonella outbreaks are from dodgy eggs where I live, it seems. It's no wonder - we have some very nasty cage facilities here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12