Hi there,

Has anyone had this reaction to avocados? I ate some of one, about 15 minutes later I got mild stomach pain. The pain increased gradually and became sort of stabbing for a couple of hours. At one point I thought I might faint. Now, being the stubborn girl that I am, I have experimented with this a couple of times thinking that it couldn't possibly be the avocado. I have never had issue in the past. Last night, after having only about 2 thin slices on the side of my salad, I got pretty sick. I was in a lot of pain and discomfort for hours. I decided that maybe I have an allergy.

Tonight, by mere coincidence, I went to my sister-in-laws house and she put on a beautiful dinner. I ate it and immediately started feeling pretty ill. The symptoms were the same as the previous night but more intense. I asked her if the dinner had had avocado and she said yes, in the sauce as a creamy component. I was violently ill. Throwing up several times. I now have severe stomach cramps and feel as though I am woozy.

My question is has anyone else had this reaction? Is it really an allergy developed at the ripe old age of 30? It's so weird! I'm not willing to experiment on myself anymore after tonight's little episode..