Thread: Zucchini Tart with Lemon Thyme and Goat Cheese page

cori93437 is offline Senior Member

Zucchini Tart with Lemon Thyme and Goat Cheese

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So, I ran across this picture little while back and thought, "Hmmmmmm... meat crust?"

(Original recipe here ---> Zucchini Tart with Lemon Thyme and Goat Cheese - Fine Cooking Recipes, Techniques and Tips )
    So I looked up the recipe...
    And then I said... "Yes!"

And I did it... with the chicken sandwich "bread" from another thread as a crust herbed up a little...
    (found here ---> http://foodfantabulous.wordpress.com...st-panini-blt/ )
    But next time I might just use a straight out chicken or turkey "meat crust", cause I felt a bit guilty with two types of cheese...
    And a few other little modifications like using less goat cheese (I sprinkled it on and had some left over... the zing from the goat cheese was in nice pockets) and adding a layer of sweet caramelized onions under the zucchini.
    So this isn't exactly a full on "recipe" as just a brilliant idea (IMO) for getting some seriously delicious "veggie pizza" in your mouth.

YUM!
    A really great treat.
    Last edited by cori93437; 07-17-2012 at 01:13 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

avocadogirl is offline Senior Member
    This would also be delicious with an egg "crust". A frittata topped like this would be yummy. Good find!

lambchop is offline Senior Member
    Yum.
    I just couldn't imagine lining up all those zucchini slices, if I make it it will be a messy version!

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Ha!
    I'll admit that mine was not as pretty... but it was darn tasty nonetheless.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

lambchop is offline Senior Member
    Ok I made it and it looked like a dog's breakfast but it was delicious. Next time, I think I agree about caramelised onion, or maybe roasted capsicum.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    You can do a crust and just sub in a white rice flour/tapioca starch blend and it would work pretty well. Or coconut flour + lots of eggs + shredded cheese could approximate. The cheese will probably be necessary to help "crisp" it.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.