Thread: Uflavored geletin in bone broth page

Rosemary 231 is offline Senior Member

Uflavored geletin in bone broth

Primal Fuel
    Mark's newsletter today talked about unflavored gelatin. Would it be possible to add some to the cup of beef or chicken stock I heat and drink every day? (not being able to make my own bone broth right now, someone recommended Kitchen Basics, comes in a carton) I don't know how much a day's worth would be but this way I could drink it all down at once.

Paysan is offline Senior Member
    It wouldn't have ALL the elements found in a traditionally made bone broth, particularly those with veggie additions to the original mix, but it would add some protein to the broth. Dana Carpender of "Hold the Toast" fame was experimenting, and think a spoonful stirred into her hot drink at night helped with extra energy. I never got that effect, but various others commented favourably. Whatever, gelatin is a relatively harmless food.

Rosemary 231 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Paysan View Post
    It wouldn't have ALL the elements found in a traditionally made bone broth, particularly those with veggie additions to the original mix, but it would add some protein to the broth. Dana Carpender of "Hold the Toast" fame was experimenting, and think a spoonful stirred into her hot drink at night helped with extra energy. I never got that effect, but various others commented favourably. Whatever, gelatin is a relatively harmless food.
    Dana's blog was where I had been reading when I posted this question. I have to hold off on making my own bone broth until I move into my own place - to keep the peace, so I just buy the best I can. Right now I'm dealing with severe foot and leg cramps at night. I've tried the magnesium/potassium, stretching before bed, additional salt etc. and now I'm trying, as best I can, bone broth. I read that messed up electrolytes could be causing the carmps too. I don't even know if bone broth addresses that issue. I read Mark's post today about gelatin and followed the link to Dana's blog. Apparently, there are many ways to get the gelatin down. The brand Mark suggested is pretty pricey, hope the plain old regular gelatin will be just as good. I've lost 94 lbs. eating Primal and I have serious issues with sagging skin. Maybe the gelatin will help that too.