Things you are glad to not eat anymore.
I was thinking after someone mentioned Soy Joy that there are so many "healthy" foods that I am glad I don't have to eat anymore:
- Oatmeal. I used to always want to learn to like oatmeal because it was "healthy". It always reminded me of vomit.
- Rice. I hate rice, especially brown rice.
- Whole grain bread. Like eating a coaster.
- Soy meats- they were never actually good and always seemed.... sticky. The bacon was the worst- like salted styrofoam and hard to cook.
- Juice. I hate juice for some reason.
- Fat free and low fat anything. I always felt like, "this would be good with some butter or cream" when I ate fat free or low fat.
Egg-white only omelettes. Tofu. Fat-free sour cream. Can't-Believe-It's-Not-Butter. Dry, skinless chicken breasts.
vegetarian 'meats'! gardein, in particular; convincing yourself you don't notice the funky aftertaste.
OMG, egg beaters are so expensive too.
But yeah- eating a cardboard burger while everyone else has a juicy hamburger sucks. "Oh, I prefer the veggie burger,,, less greasy,,,". Such a lie, LOL
I ate it for years! Even my mom and sister had moved on to butter (and they are not primal) but, I held on to it. Yuck.
Since going Primal, Pizza, Hear me out...
about 3 months into primal we (my wife and I both primal) decided to have some pizza, to fall off the wagon for jus the night, from our favorite local pizza joint, ordered it and I picked it up. We shared the whole thing, and afterwards we both felt like death incarnate, it was terrible. We have vowed to never do that to ourselves again. If were going to go for our 20%, its going to be chinese food, and even that we won't fall too far off as our local buffet has prime rib and sashimi that we can load up on and pick at lo-mein/rice/maybe geneal gau's.
Bread. Although I liked the stuff I put on there like butter with chocolate sprinkles or peanut butter
But reading all this stuff about low fat everything makes me realize how hard it was for some of you. Low fat stuff like low fat yogurt? Egg white omelettes? Wow.
I always ate high fat everything PLUS the sugar and wheat. Now I don't eat the sugar and wheat but eat more meat and fruit and cheese
Last edited by Gadsie; 07-17-2012 at 11:09 AM.
oh another one, Whole Wheat bread.
I've never liked the stuff but, ate it for almost 20yrs. I grew up on white and, well, since whole wheat is better for you switched some years back. I used to choke down my sandwiches every time I used whole wheat. Gag.