Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Things you are glad to not eat anymore. page 9

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by cantare View Post
    • fake non-fat salad dressings with that awful syrupy glycerine consistency...I keep a gallon in my trunk for catastrophic radiator leaks
    THIS! That's the PERFECT use for the stuff!

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Most of mine have been covered, but skinny lattes are definitely on my list. Once I tried one with whole milk (or even better, breve!) I never went back. Some places now don't even have whole milk anymore, so I get them to use part 2% and part cream. Lattes are a treat for me, not a regular indulgence, but it's so nice not to be afraid of the fat.

Also, imitation butter-flavoured low-fat margarine that turned to water on your toast and made it a soggy mess. No toast for me anymore either, but seriously, what the hell was wrong with me that I kept choking that crap down?
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Unicorn is offline Senior Member
    chicken breast. Any way it is served, but especially the concoction of chicken breasts marinated in 'lite' italian dressing, then baked. Blech.

Kashi "Go Lean" cereal. I would have been better off scraping up a bowl full of gravel from the side of the road in Queens and eating that.

Protein shakes, protein powder, etc. Also smoothies where I would blend a block of tofu with fruit and gag it down.

MetRx bars, or any protein bars for that matter.

While I really liked oatmeal, I don't miss the starving munchies that came 90 minutes later.

Bagels. Heartburn city.

Morningstar 'sausage' or breakfast patties. Not good at all.

labmonkey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ncgirl View Post
    Ok I do like to saute chicken breast cut up in bite size pieces in coconut oil til brown and put on top of my salad.
    Okay, Okay. I'll admit the odd time I'll eat one right from a fresh rotesserie chicken but once it's in the fridge and reheated for another meal, I'm choking. I even once cut it up and covered it in cheddar cheese for lunch and still, I was wishing for some saucy dip

Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    I am happy not to eat rice anymore when I go to the indian buffet. I can fill up on chicken tikka masala instead of bland empty carbs.
    Although I do miss naan for it's "cleaning up sauces" bit, I'm really happy I've rediscovered the yumminess of Tandoori chicken. I used to leave it behind b/c I wanted every dish that had sauce and lentils...so I could dip the naan. lol

My plate at an Indian buffet now consists of butter chicken, Aloo Gobi, Tandoori chicken and fruit. Still can't get the Rogan Josh down. Since going primal I've really disliked the gamy-ness of lamb. And oh how I have tired to eat. WTF?

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by labmonkey View Post
    Although I do miss naan
    You know, I used to LOVE naan, especially garlic naan, but I tried it a couple months ago and it just tasted like wet flour to me. Totally disgusting. I'm really glad that I don't like it anymore, because now I have absolutely no desire to eat it and am not tempted when it's near me.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

spinney is offline Junior Member
    Taco seasoning. Made my own tonight and realised just how plastic and sweet the packet stuff tastes. Nasty fart laden stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    You know, I used to LOVE naan, especially garlic naan, but I tried it a couple months ago and it just tasted like wet flour to me. Totally disgusting. I'm really glad that I don't like it anymore, because now I have absolutely no desire to eat it and am not tempted when it's near me.
    Garlic naan just reminded me of coconut naan!! OMG such good stuff. I'm sure it would be wickedly sweet now and since I haven't craved naan at all, even when going there, thank you for that description. That's pretty much what I thought it'd be like now.

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spinney View Post
    Taco seasoning. Made my own tonight and realised just how plastic and sweet the packet stuff tastes. Nasty fart laden stuff!
    Recipe please!

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

lucyh is offline Senior Member
    While I really liked oatmeal, I don't miss the starving munchies that came 90 minutes later.
    Exactly! Plus, I couldn't eat it without a generous spoonful of brown sugar and some dried fruit, so it was just a sugar bomb.

I will never eat non-fat dairy again, I have to drive an extra few miles to get full-fat Fage Greek yogurt, but it's worth it. And iced coffee with heavy cream is the best thing in the world.

Bottled salad dressing-my husband still buys it, but what I make is so much better. Actually, one of my favorite ways to dress a salad is to just douse it with good olive oil and a little vinegar or lemon juice.

Fast-food burgers. I experimented with a Jack-in-the-box burger (without the bun) a few months ago. It didn't even taste like meat.

Diet soda. I was still drinking them once in a while, but the last few times I noticed that I just felt more thirsty afterwards and really just tasted chemicals.
    My Primal Journal with lots of food pr0n

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast