Thread: Things you are glad to not eat anymore. page 8

ArrGee is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    - Egg products instead of real eggs

- Oatmeal and other "healthy" cereals

- Dry-ass chicken breasts

- Low-fat anything

- Flavorless canola oil and similar frankenoil products

- Takeout pizza, not because I don't like it, but I don't miss the "gross" feeling after eating half of one in one sitting.

- Milk chocolate, it tastes gross to me now in comparison to dark

- Processed pasta products (e.g. ramen noodles, hamburger helper)

- Canned soup (I prefer homemade soups & stews now)

meghanwaslike is offline Junior Member
    Anything produced by Weight Watchers. It all tasted vaguely of sweetened cardboard and just made me crave real sugar. Tofu/Veggie burgers. Anything low-fat. Margarine, spray margarine - seriously I cannot believe I went there - Sugar-free things (like candy/mints with the "May cause anal leakage" warnings on the back - that should have been my first clue.) and those low-fat potato chips with Olestra in them (same warning as the sugar free stuff)

My go to snack when my Mom and I did WW years ago was a caramel rice cake with a thin layer of Peanut Butter and a drizzle of sugar free Hershey's Syrup. If I never eat that again as long as I live it'll be too soon.

So glad all of that is behind me!
    Last edited by meghanwaslike; 07-18-2012 at 11:11 AM.
    F/28/5'10"
    GW: No clue since I have never been thin. I'm "big boned" frame-wise so I'm shooting for 170-ish, but I'll see when I get there, I guess.
    CW: 268
    SW: 316

As of 7/17/12 Down 48 pounds!

cantare is offline Senior Member
    • those 'slimfast' shakes and meal-replacement powders that taste like ass in a glass
    • skim milk & powdered non-fat milk...see above
    • "Miracle Whip" and anything that came into contact with it (Oscar Mayer, I'm talking to YOU)
    • twinkies, hohos, and anything filled with that white trans-fat 'foo' whose half-life is on par with styrofoam and cobalt-60
    • "baked" tortilla chips, potato chips, etc. Served with molten nonfat Velveeta at Primal cheat parties in the third circle of Hell.
    • fake non-fat salad dressings with that awful syrupy glycerine consistency...I keep a gallon in my trunk for catastrophic radiator leaks
    • tofu & "textured vegetable protein" -- never again will still be too soon
    • overpriced condiments stuffed with hfcs and chemicals that taste like runoff from a Superfund site
    • fat-free "fruit-at-the-bottom" yogurt with that weird chalky layer overlying a rubbery mass of ex-strawberries embalmed in corn syrup
    • jar salsa & picante from the Midwest, which is inexplicably adulterated with cornstarch(!)
    • The jif, wonderbread and grape ooze sandwiches that were always next up after morning Wheaties for little champions with choosy moms.
    • iron filings and used motor oil

Ncgirl is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by labmonkey View Post
    Hell yeah!! Dry, dry, dry. Yes, even when cook right. Gag. Chicken breast is just a vessel for sauces. I have very few uses for it these days. If hubby doesn't consume it (with gravy..haha) then I save it for soup. The other day we made shellless chicken enchiladas and threw it on steak fries. Not bad but, still have boat load left over.
    Ok I do like to saute chicken breast cut up in bite size pieces in coconut oil til brown and put on top of my salad.

Ncgirl is offline Junior Member
    Happy that I'm no longer eating any kind of fake processed food especially anything low fat. Also brown rice. Now if I splurge on a little rice it's white.

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    I am happy not to eat rice anymore when I go to the indian buffet. I can fill up on chicken tikka masala instead of bland empty carbs.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    I am happy not to eat rice anymore when I go to the indian buffet. I can fill up on chicken tikka masala instead of bland empty carbs.
    I'm glad pre-primal that I never ate fillers. Sushi buffets? I'd just eat the fish only. Chinese buffets? Gorge on crab legs. I'm chang, and I will get my money's worth if it means that I don't get to eat chow mein or white rice at said buffets

StaceFace is offline Junior Member
    Pasta. Especially the whole wheat stuff. Yuck. Now I order all protein at Olive Garden and smile when I can finish my steak and veggies while my company has 4 bites of their pasta and are full, only to be hungry an hour later!

CaveWeirdo is offline Senior Member
    Food generally!! I.e. being able to fast without discomfort. It's so convenient for those awkward moments when you don't have access to primal food, and I get so much more done, when I don't have to stop to eat or get that pre-lunch moodiness. The metabolism of a low-carb primal eater is so radically different to a SAD eater, it's impossible to convince my OH that I'm genuinely not bothered if I have to skip an offered treat!

I mostly ate proper food before, like full-fat stuff and plenty of meat and fish. I never really used to force myself to eat stuff I didn't like, although noodles did get a bit boring whenever I was broke! I'm one of those strange people who genuinely used like the taste of muesli and granary bread. Now I'm simply a strange person who likes the taste of salad veggies!
    Start weight: 238 lbs (March 2012)
    Current weight: 205 lbs (July 2012)
    Loss so far: 33 lbs!!!
    WOE: Primal + IF
    Movements: Hiking, sprinting.
    Goal: to see my abs some time in 2013!

MadelynMc is offline Senior Member
    Lean cuisine. I always had to add a ton of spices because, let's be honest they don't taste like much. Also, I've had mild food illness (vomiting) twice a few hours after eating a lean cuisine. Blech.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast