Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Things you are glad to not eat anymore. page 6

ElaineC is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I love you all. What a most excellent thread! Agree, agree, AGREE and sadly can't think of anything new to add.
    Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    I still like chicken breast. Yes, many other meats are more delicious, but if it's not overcooked it can be pretty good. This post is talking about turkey, but the same rules apply to chicken:
    Should You Cook Your Turkey in Parts? | Serious Eats

Paleobird Guest
    I'm glad to be rid of all things tofu, all the fake burgers, dogs, that squidgy cheese that won't melt right, "textured vegetable protein" instead of ground meat.
    Also glad to be rid of the excessively fibrous cereals like Kashi, All Bran, Shredded Wheat, etc.
    Oatmeal looks like puke and is only palatable with lots of brown sugar.
    Rice Cakes are circles of styrofoam. The styrofoam might actually taste better. Couldn't taste worse.

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    I actually miss this stuff. It was seriously tasty.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Anything low fat.
    Oatmeal, just a pile of bland mush. Pretty much anything sweet for breakfast, pancakes, cereal, yogurt with fruit. If I want to eat in the morning I want something savory, eating something sweet never felt satisfying.

Sars is offline Junior Member
    Slurpees. I used to have 1-2 everyday for all of grade 8 (I'm very surprised I was not obese). Now when I see people drinking them, I want to throw up! How do people consume so much refined sugar in such a short period of time? Bleh!

wiltondeportes Guest
    I was totally feigned by the 'carb loading' propaganda. I would eat tons and tons of pasta before athletic events, sometimes the night before and sometimes a few hours before. I survived it, but I'm sure I would have been faster/stronger had I known.

Fiber also really got me. I ate tons of fiber thinking that was good, but it was wrecking my gut.

Stuffing down whole wheat bread with peanut butter (to combine proteins) while chugging tons of milk got old after a while too. This also goes for rice/beans, noodles/peas, rice/beans/peas, etc.

Pollyanna12 is offline Member
    Bread - any sort! I've cheated on it once or twice, and it just tastes of nothing these days. I used to love it, but it doesn't appeal at all any more. It looks good, but it is a disappointment in reality.

katiepotato is offline Member
    Really cheap curry flavour instant noodles. I used to love them but they always made me feel awful afterwards (hmmm wonder why - I doubt there was anything natural or unprocessed in them).

Cordial like Ribena or Robinsons Fruit and Barley that you dilute to drink - might as well just stir a few teaspoons of sugar into water. I used to drink tons of this every night and was expecting to miss it but I haven't at all. Same goes for Diet Coke.

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Oh god, TVP.... I forgot about that. I had no idea that things with ground beef could be good, because of all the TVP chili, sloppy joes and shepherds pies I had spend years eating. It never absorbed sauces....

I always hated veggie chili too. Nothing made me gag more than veggie chili- no fat to cut the spices. I'd end up eating a little chili with my cheese, sour cream and onions. People spent hours making that nasty shit.

So funny- my husband now wants REAL bacon.... he ate it the real once and the veggie bacon went into the trash.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast