Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Things you are glad to not eat anymore. page 5

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by JennaRose View Post
    can it be true...another person in the world despises olive oil!?! I thought I was the only one!!
    Omg. I kept seeing people drizzle it on their salads, so I tried it once.

PUKE
    PUKE
    BARF

It just always tastes bitter and rancid to me. Always.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

JennaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    Omg. I kept seeing people drizzle it on their salads, so I tried it once.

PUKE
    PUKE
    BARF

It just always tastes bitter and rancid to me. Always.
    SAMESIES! Everyone always talks about how delicious it is, they rub it on their skin, dump it on their salads--everything! i can't stand the smell, you nailed it--it's bitter and rancid. Yuck!

Kylex286 is offline Member
    Freaking pizza and subway. I used to live off them during my first few years in college. Le's see, Pasta I've gotten over. I used to crave pasta like nothing else. French fries, canned veggies that taste nasty so basically all canned veggie.

Milk is an exception for me, I used to drink tons of milk as a kid; I'm still trying to find a place that sells whole fat, unpasteurized milk where I live but the hunt is not going very well. I loved white rice as a kid and used to depend on it as a staple for my diet throughout high school. I guess I'm glad to say that I don't "need" to have rice any more.

Frozen foods. I love preparing my own foods, I always hated having that crap in my house growing up.

Oh and juice, I'm glad to not be addicted to juice any longer.

JennaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylex286 View Post
    Freaking pizza and subway.
    feel you on the Subway! I was literally addicted to the veggie delight sandwich as a veghead. I was getting the "healthy 9 grain" wheat bread every time--I loved it so much and ate there almost every day as it was right by my work. Then I found out it has HFCS in it. YIKES! no wonder I loved it so much

Kylex286 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JennaRose View Post
    feel you on the Subway! I was literally addicted to the veggie delight sandwich as a veghead. I was getting the "healthy 9 grain" wheat bread every time--I loved it so much and ate there almost every day as it was right by my work. Then I found out it has HFCS in it. YIKES! no wonder I loved it so much
    I was getting their stake and cheese almost every day, I got it on flat bread too, on top of that I was working at a pizza place closing every night... It was all bad.

homunculus is offline Member
    I used to love oatmeal, I like the taste of paper as well though so that doesn't say much (seriously I do)
    Glad not to be eating anymore: milky chocolate that would make me feel sick but I'd continue eating anyway...
    “There is immeasurably more left inside than what comes out in words…”
    — Fyodor Dostoevsky

McChunky is offline Member
    BEANS!!!
    I forced myself for years to try to stuff these down and even tried to suggest "meatless Mondays" to my husband so we could get more of this superfood rich in protein, fiber and blah, blah, blah in our lives. (He refused this change...smart man.)

I was so delighted to find a WOE that told me I never had to consume these dense, mushy, bland pods of disgustingness ever again.

I'm also mad we wasted so much time eating turkey burgers on whole wheat buns. Yuck

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    - Western-based tofu concoctions. Believe me, I used to genuinely like the Chinese buddhist restaurants that served faux fish and faux pork, but Western varieties of stuff, such as Boca Burgers, taste like shit.
    - Oats. Thank goodness they're no longer healthy. I forced myself to start the day with these, and I was also starving by lunch.
    - Anything high-fiber. I felt I was obligated to eat it (although I did kind of like the taste), but now I have no fiber obligations, so I couldn't care less about eating more high-fiber grains
    - Chicken skin and dark meat. Chicken FEET. God, I missed those. Pork ears, too.
    - Ditto on the Subway. I thought the bread tasted awful, but it was supposed to be "healthy" =/

jammies is offline Senior Member
    -Anything with artificial sweeteners. I hate the taste of that crap and used to make myself eat low fat yogurt with artificial sweetenders - yuck!

-Ground turkey breast!! I hate it with a passion. Everyone always said - "try it in my turkey chili (or burgers or meatballs) - you can't even tell it's not beef"!! Never once did it taste even close to beef.

-Low fat anything.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    Everyone always said - "try it in my turkey chili (or burgers or meatballs) - you can't even tell it's not beef"!! Never once did it taste even close to beef.
    A friend once made me chicken sloppy joes. I didn't want to be impolite, but it was so hard to choke down.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast