Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Things you are glad to not eat anymore. page 4

labmonkey is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by TamiO View Post
    And chicken breast. What fun is a dry, bland-tasting piece of meat? Unless it is chopped up and mixed with mayo and celery and walnuts and grapes, there is no reason to ever eat this. Not even the best cooks I know (and my DH has a culinary degree) can make chicken breast tasty. Yes, the sauce you might smother it in is awesome, but the meat itself is not worth the time I spend chewing it. Give me dark meat EVERY time.
    Hell yeah!! Dry, dry, dry. Yes, even when cook right. Gag. Chicken breast is just a vessel for sauces. I have very few uses for it these days. If hubby doesn't consume it (with gravy..haha) then I save it for soup. The other day we made shellless chicken enchiladas and threw it on steak fries. Not bad but, still have boat load left over.

labmonkey is offline Senior Member
    Gravyboat - that list is messed up. lol "Carrots in moderation"...Oooh-kay.

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by labmonkey View Post
    Hell yeah!! Dry, dry, dry. Yes, even when cook right. Gag. Chicken breast is just a vessel for sauces. I have very few uses for it these days. If hubby doesn't consume it (with gravy..haha) then I save it for soup. The other day we made shellless chicken enchiladas and threw it on steak fries. Not bad but, still have boat load left over.
    I cut slits in them, stuff with cheese, put tomato slices on top and drizzle with olive oil, which is actually quite good and all the fat keeps them from being dry, but otherwise, yes. Even as a kid on Thanksgiving when everyone wanted white meat I always asked for dark. Breast meat is only good for soaking up gravy.

slesca is offline Senior Member
    Rural midwest; just outside a mid-sized city
    I'm so happy that I don't have to stress about how in the heck to fit yogurt into my day. I didn't even like it but all women eat fat free yogurt so I felt like I had to keep buying it. And skim milk. I felt so guilty that milk made me sick and I'd chug it to get it out of the way and feel just awful.

Cereal for breakfast. Or any breakfast at all. I ate shredded wheat for years and hated every minute of it. Now I like not having breakfast most of the time and not having this guilty feeling that only overweight people skip breakfast or whatever the stupid Yahoo article of the week was back then.

BEANS!!!! Worst food ever. Yet I tried for years to pretend I liked them. I'm gagging just thinking about it.

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Re: chicken breasts, I don't buy packages of them, but I roast whole chickens a lot for soup. I find that shoving an onion in the cavity and roasting them breast-side-down in a pool of butter helps a little. I used to baste every 20 minutes, but now I don't. I find that if you cook them at 350 for like an hour and a half and then raise to 450ish for the last 15 minutes or so, you can get really crispy skin. Anyway, when it's fully cooked, I pull all the chicken meat off the bones and sautee the meat in the butter it roasted in.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Fat free half and half. Corn oil. Any bread that is not utterly fresh, hot, and smothered in great butter.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

patski is offline Senior Member
    Turkey/chicken bacon, egg beaters.

On more than one occasion when using egg beaters, the omelette (with aforementioned turkey bacon slices) I was making turned out to have the consistency of sponge. It was really disgusting.

Frying everything in olive oil. How fucking boring! I don't even use it anymore!
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

tim_1522 is offline Senior Member
    This...

Re-focusing on the Primal Lifestyle in 2012!

Starting: 221.0lb, 29.5% BF (1/9/2012)
    Latest: 208.9, 26.1% BF (3/19/2012)

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread35679.html

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by patski View Post
    Frying everything in olive oil. How fucking boring! I don't even use it anymore!
    Ugh, I'm with you. I can't stand olive oil.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

JennaRose is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    Ugh, I'm with you. I can't stand olive oil.
    can it be true...another person in the world despises olive oil!?! I thought I was the only one!!

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast