Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Things you are glad to not eat anymore. page 3

DashFire is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    So glad to not be eating bland grains (oatmeal, rice, bread, cereal, etc). I realize just how much I ate watching my roommates continue to do so.

Also now that I've learned to love 90% dark chocolate, can't imagine going back to weak and super sugary milk chocolate.

That and low-fat anything. Ugh, it's so annoying now when I can't find a full-fat version of something.

And I don't miss NOT eating bacon and butter and bacon butter as much as I want.

Overall, I'm just really amazed by the quality and flavor of the food that I'm eating now, and really SADdened by the lack thereof of what I used to eat.
    My Primal Journal - Food, pics, the occasional rant, so...the usual.

I love cooking. It's sexy science that you stuff in your face. - carlh

Kelmar is offline Senior Member
    I agree with the oatmeal...I tried and tried to find a way to like it cause I thought it was so healthy, and yogurt, I always wanted to like it, always bought it with good intentions, then ended up throwing most of it away cause I just wouldn't eat it.
    I treat my body like a temple.....to nourish the Goddess who lives inside

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Whole wheat pasta or pancakes. Disgusting. Bread, on the other hand, that's what I ate growing up.

Tofu and turkey bacon.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Oh, I know. Corn chips. I realize corn isn't a forbidden food, but I'm never eating corn produced in the U.S. ever again.
    Actually corn is considered "forbidden"/not Primal. But it sounds like you're going to avoid it anyway.

For me: soy milk. Looking back, I can't believe I drank that crap thinking it was better for me than cow's milk.

I actually loved oatmeal and used to eat it every morning. A small amount of cinnamon and brown sugar and I was good to go. That and frosted mini-wheats (with the aformentioned soy milk for a while) were my staples for a while.

TamiO is offline Member
    Oatmeal mixed with protein powder.... this has to be one of the most disgusting things I have ever eaten. This was the result of cruising various nutrition-focused boards (it may have even come from the Warrior Diet website way back) and trying to figure out a way to stuff more protein into my diet while getting my 'healthy whole grains' and getting enough fiber.

Bleh.

And chicken breast. What fun is a dry, bland-tasting piece of meat? Unless it is chopped up and mixed with mayo and celery and walnuts and grapes, there is no reason to ever eat this. Not even the best cooks I know (and my DH has a culinary degree) can make chicken breast tasty. Yes, the sauce you might smother it in is awesome, but the meat itself is not worth the time I spend chewing it. Give me dark meat EVERY time.

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    A year ago I decided to try really hard to lose weight. I hooked up with a personal trainer who was a friend of mine who was helping me for free. She was really into low-fat everything and chronic cardio. I had heard of paleo at that point and found it interesting, but was still just learning the scientific reasoning behind it and was not yet committed.

I told my friend that I was reading about it and she told me flat out that paleo/primal/low-carb is a bunch of crap, you need carbs for energy, etc. And then she gave me a list of foods to eat if I wanted to lose weight. Here's an excerpt from an old Notepad file:

fat free yogurt
    olive oil or canola oil only, or cooking spray
    Smart Balance spread
    fat free cheese
    fat free everything
    boneless skinless chicken breast
    whole wheat pasta/bread/tortillas
    turkey
    yams
    no beans
    squash and zucchini
    no corn
    carrots in moderation
    celery
    salad
    spinach
    onions, green onions, leeks
    broccoli
    asparagus
    no white potatoes
    corn starch for thickening
    cantaloup
    an apple or pear every day
    peaches
    pineapple
    nectarines
    berries
    splenda
    brown sugar splenda
    no peas or lima beans
    no flour or white flour products

Looking back, I don't even see a cohesive thread of logic in these suggestions. Not even from a CW perspective. I have no idea.

Luckily I only followed her recommendations (along with the chronic cardio) for a couple weeks before I just couldn't keep it up anymore because I hated it so much.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

kkratz57 is offline Senior Member
    Frozen convenience meals -- Lean Cuisine, Weight Watchers, Michelina's, "Healthy" Choice, etc.
    Fake or low-fat cheeses
    Steel-cut oats -- tried them a couple of months ago (soaked overnight) and I can honestly say it now tastes like wallpaper paste

Orannhawk is offline Senior Member
    Styrofoam ..... aka .... rice cakes.
    Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Margarine, popcorn, oatmeal, brown rice, American cheese (gods, that shit's nasty), turkey bacon, chicken bacon, ground chix and turkey, chicken hot dogs, beans (never have liked any form of bean aside from refried in lard and plenty of cheese), hamburger/ turkey/ chicken/ tuna helper, corn any way but grilled(yes, I will keep eating grilled corn on the cob, no, I really don't care if you think it's primal), peas, Buddig lunch meat, low fat whatthehellever, nonfat milk (chalk water), nonfat sugar free Cool Whip, nonfat sugar free Jell-o, and shortening.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Survivor is offline Junior Member
    Fat Free American Cheese. Might as well peel the linoleum off the floor and chew on it for awhile.

Canned green beans. After joining a certain weight loss plan, we'll call it, um, Geight Gatchers, 111 times, I realized that the leader was lying when she said that opening a can of green beans and eating them cold was a great way to get your veggies in on the run. I still shudder at the sound of a can opener.

Rice cakes. Who the heck thought it would be a good idea to eat styrofoam?

A meal made of fat free american cheese melted over a rice cake with canned green beans on the side. As I eat a nicely grilled hunk of grass fed beef with asparagus topped with pastured butter and chives from my herb garden, I can't believe I ever accepted eating anything less then real.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast