Thread: Seattleites Going Primal! page

Seattleites Going Primal!

Primal Fuel
    Hello from Seattle!

My husband and I have finally sat down and agreed to giving the primal lifestyle a go for at least a few months.

I first discovered the primal lifestyle while being heavily recommended paleo. I've known about these for a long time, but never had the courage to completely go for either one.

I'm not shy to dietary restrictions. I started getting extremely severe acne in my teens (now early twenties) and was told to cut gluten, dairy, and soy one at a time. Stopping each one seemed to slowly decrease my skin problems. What prompted me to continue a search for a better diet is my husband's new willingness to explore other options, and me finally ready to take the next step in my own health. His father recently passed away before he even hit his 50's.My husband also gets sick so often these days. I really think his past is catching up to him now that he is approaching his 30's. I also don't feel the need to be so stubborn in clinging on the my brown rice and legumes. I will continue to be dairy-free while going primal, though.

Two areas I know I'm going to have initial difficulty with are strength workouts and sun exposure. I walk about 20 minutes a day and my neighborhood has lots of inclines, but I haven't worked out my muscles since the 9th grade! I'm way too skinny and look forward to getting some meat on my bones(110lbs at 5'6"). Where the sun is concerned, I confess, I'm certifiably heliophobic. This isn't an issue that will go away overnight, so my plan is to take in the amount of sun I'm comfortable with and then supplement until I get over this crazy issue. Though, I'm not sure how much sun exposure my Irish butt needs in the first place.

I'm not 100% on every piece of the primal lifestyle, so I hope this forum can be both guiding and encouraging for us. I'm prone to getting overwhelmed and confused on detail.

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! Mark is pushing self-experimentation. See what works for you.

You probably don't need much sun. And while vitamin D from sunshine is great, you can take supplements.

The forums are great for support but they can be very confusing. It may be best to stick to Mark's basic recommendations.

Strength workouts are great for your health but you don't have to jump into them head first.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

My MDA Friday success story - Stubborn Senior's Testimonial

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! I'm in Everett!

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Welcome! I'm in Everett!
    Cool!