Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let's talk fish page

JohnOTD is offline Member

As my friend Grok says, "fish good!"

Here's the problem:

Most of the fish I see being discussed are cold water fish like cod and salmon.

As I've said before, I live in the Caribbean...what's a boy to do when the local fare is Mahi-Mahi and Wahoo? Are these fish incompatible with the PB? Are they especially high in heavy metal content?

www.primalfreedom.blogspot.com

If a man has the right to self-ownership, to the control of his life, then in the real world he must also have the right to sustain his life by grappling with and transforming resources; he must be able to own the ground and the resources on which he stands and which he must use. In short, to sustain his human right. - Murray Rothbard

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member

Those are great.

Blackened Mahi Mahi (cajun) is my favorite.

2nd is Chilean Sea Bass...

StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member

Wow, I'm so jealous that you live in the Caribbean!

What sort of fish is good to eat from the supermarket? I know we should farmed salmon but it's pretty much the only thing I can get here. What about cod?

Sungrazer is offline Senior Member

I think all fish provide an excellent source of Omega 3, in more or less amounts. So eat all the fish you can muster and don't worry if it's not cold water fish.

Can't say anything about heavy metal content though... your local health department should be able to provide some answer to that. I hope.

Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

MichaelA is offline Senior Member

I eat MahiMahi few times a week. It's great!

JohnOTD is offline Member

@StoneAgeQueen

Supermarket fish depends on where you live. Our supermarkets have pretty much anything local...which is a lot considering this is St. Croix. But what I'm interested in is the fishing charter guys. You know what they bring in is not farmed and they sell you a lb or 2 for 5 bucks.

Talk about fresh fish...

www.primalfreedom.blogspot.com

If a man has the right to self-ownership, to the control of his life, then in the real world he must also have the right to sustain his life by grappling with and transforming resources; he must be able to own the ground and the resources on which he stands and which he must use. In short, to sustain his human right. - Murray Rothbard

Sungrazer is offline Senior Member

Hey JohnOTD, I was searching this site for smart fuels, and lo and behold look what I found.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/mahi-mahi/

Just be careful about that mercury content - shame how we humans pollute our food sources.

Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member

Think about how high they are on the food chain... the higher the "worse" they are as far as pollutants.

NicoB is offline Senior Member

I was thinking of moving to St. Martin (French side) to find a hotel job, but that is truly up in the air at the moment.

I don't really know if mackerel is a cold water fish or not, but if you can find some nice thin skin smaller fish, slit the skin (2 or 3 times), butter them up with coconut oil, and then throw them on the grill or under the broiler for 5 minutes each side, and YUM!

Once you learn that you create your own reality and that you are fully responsible for your life, you can begin to see the world as it is and then you realize the limitless possibilities.

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Generally the oilier a fish is, the colder its home-waters, as the oils act as antifreeze

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast