Let me start by saying I feel fantastic! Wow, one week primal and I'm so energetic, even having a baby that won't sleep isn't slowing me down the way it used to.

I was a vegetarian/vegan for many years and developed RA and chronic fatigue. I'm looking forward to feeling much better and losing a little weight. I'm about 5'2" and weight 122 right now. I'd like to hit about 115 with more lean muscle and less fat. Most importantly though, it's all about my long term health and keeping up with my two busy little boys.

Right now, my biggest challenge is eating enough meat. I started buying grassfed, grass-finished beef at my local farmer's market, but am not used to cooking it so this is like starting all over again with learning how to cook. I'm allergic to shellfish and don't eat pork at home (we keep kosher at home). I've been having fish, chicken, turkey and plenty of veggies, some fruit and full-fat Greek dairy yogurt. My mainstays are eggs, avocados and coconut (milk, oil, flour).

I'd love to interact with others who have transitioned from vegetarian or vegan diets. Any advice or tips would be great.

My menu yesterday 7/16:
Breakfast: 2 hard-boiled eggs, blueberries and gooseberries

Lunch: 1 avocado, 1 can wild caught salmon, apple, some fermented veggies, glass of coconut milk

Snack: Banana, 1/2 cup full fat greek yogurt (local dairy makes their own, so awesome!)

Dinner: Huge local wild greens salad, tomatoes, chicken kabobs, small glass of kombucha

Snack: a few almonds, small piece of 70% dark chocolate

Breakfast: Blueberries, 1/2 cup full fat greek yogurt

Snack: Almonds, hard-boiled egg

Lunch: meeting my husband at a Sweetgreens for a salad.