Thread: Fresh hemp seed milk? page

Bludruid is offline Junior Member

Fresh hemp seed milk?

Shop Now
    Hi Everybody,

OK, so i'm on day 2, post 3 I have a question about hemp seed milk which i make fresh most mornings and have been enjoying for ages. My method: soak a cup of organic hemp seed in filtered water overnight, then in the morning blend in a nut milk maker (basically this grinds the seed and filters out the shell leaving the creamy innards in a litre of water), and drink it over the course of the morning. It appears to have a really good balance of protein (33%) and carbs (12%) and a perfect blend of Omega 3 & 6, and lots of other goodies.

Info can be found here.

Can you advise if this sits within a Primal landscape for those of you that know about these things?

Many thanks, Dru

ps: Any London Primalists out there?

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    You'd be much better off getting your Omega 3s from fish or grass-fed beef or lamb. Animals and plants may have Omega 3 or 6 fats in them, but they are not the same fats chemically. The ones in seeds usually are not able to be transformed fully into the constituent parts that your body needs and so even though on paper there may a good ratio of O3:O6, what happens inside your body isn't the same. You're not getting the DHA and ALA that you need, for instance. You're better off getting your fats from animals.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    You'd be much better off getting your Omega 3s from fish or grass-fed beef or lamb. Animals and plants may have Omega 3 or 6 fats in them, but they are not the same fats chemically. The ones in seeds usually are not able to be transformed fully into the constituent parts that your body needs and so even though on paper there may a good ratio of O3:O6, what happens inside your body isn't the same. You're not getting the DHA and ALA that you need, for instance. You're better off getting your fats from animals.

I agree with this, but I can't help wondering of the plant based O3 does something beneficial which the fish O3 doesn't. I haven't done yet, but I intend to start adding something like the hemp milk to make sure that I've covered all bases, just in case....