Thread: Putting Weight on page

soozybee is offline Junior Member

Putting Weight on

Hi all, hoping for some advice

Today will be 4 weeks into my Primal Journey which I am really enjoying. Last Tuesday my last weigh day I had lost 14lb in my 3 weeks since starting and 5 inches from my waist which I was unbelievably happy with. Today I found I have put on 8lb in a week and my measurements are the same. I am eating the same things as the first 3 weeks. I usually have coffee with double cream for breakfast then 4 slices of bacon & 2 eggs fried in butter for lunch with some veggies or a salad then for dinner meat i.e a pork chop/lamb chop, chicken or fish with either veggies or salad. Usually later on I'll have some fruit i.e a peach or about 8 berries with heavy cream. I have been tracking my food online and yesterday for example I had 109g fat, 29.12g carbs, 51.44g protein and am well below my RDI for calories i.e 1296. This is a typical day.

I have been walking more and trying to lift heavy things. Infact the last few days we have been doing heavy duty gardening lifting rocks & squatting, digging etc.

I am very heavy to begin with starting at 306lb with pcos & insulin resistance. I know I should be happy with 6lb in 4 weeks but going from how happy I was last week to this I feel really disappointed. I knew things would slow down at some point but didn't think it would be so soon when I have so much to lose. I just can't see where I'm going wrong. I haven't cheated once. I know this lifestyle is the best & healthiest for me but feel so disheartened I feel like crying.

Can anyone give me any advice on where I I'm going wrong? Could it be I'm not drinking enough water. I don't drink a lot at all?

Thanks so much for reading.

CarlaC is offline Member
    I kow how hard it is to see that scale go up, believe me, I do. However, you're going to see bounces like that, and they're going to stick around until you get another "whoosh" again. Try eating a lot more for a few days, then IF on coconut oil and HWC in your coffee but nothing else til 5pm. Then eat 1500 calories. Do this for two days. Then weigh yourself. Sometimes it's good to shake things up a bit. But it takes a while- a long while. The good news is that the slower it comes off the easier it is to keep off.

Good luck!

Thanks CarlaC. I will try that. I was just getting really excited at that first loss and already looking at clothes I will be able to wear lol then pop my bubble burst

aix_sponsa is offline Senior Member
    I'm sorry, I don't have any advice, but encouragement to hang in there! You sound like you've done great already.

Jenny

osteo33 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlaC View Post
    I kow how hard it is to see that scale go up, believe me, I do. However, you're going to see bounces like that, and they're going to stick around until you get another "whoosh" again. Try eating a lot more for a few days, then IF on coconut oil and HWC in your coffee but nothing else til 5pm. Then eat 1500 calories. Do this for two days. Then weigh yourself. Sometimes it's good to shake things up a bit. But it takes a while- a long while. The good news is that the slower it comes off the easier it is to keep off.

Good luck!
    sorry for the ignorance but what is HWC? I'm interested in this post as I too have put on weight with going primal, not counting calories and eating as hunger dictates but from a positive my health is better, my inflammatory markers are very very low and symptomatic better in all area. I'm just getting fat! hence shaking things up with IFasting etc just might do the trick

Heavy Whipping Cream or Double cream in the UK

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Take measurements instead of weight. Weigh only once a week or less often only to see the downward trend. Eating healthy food will build muscle and bone so obsessing over a couple of pounds is useless. And there's always water weight to skew the numbers as well.

P.S. As for the diet part, just stay the course. Don't start futzing around with things just yet. Give it time.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 195 x 3

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Why is your protein intake that low? I eat about twice that much, close to 100g. and I'm a petite female.
    I have been eating Primal for a long time, and one of the diet tweaks that never fails me whenever I want to lose weight is eating dinner before 7 (and no other food later on before bed) and have my next meal around 1:30 2pm the following day. It's my version of IF.