Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How many hours do you sleep a night? page

IntoTheSea is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

Just out of curiosity: How many hours do you sleep a night? Are you an early riser?

I sleep about 7-8 hours a night. I used to wake up around eight, but am now trying to wake up at six -- I find I feel better mentally and physically if I wake up earlier in the morning. I'd love to be one of those people who can effortlessly wake up at five every morning. I'm someone who likes to exercise in the morning, so the earlier I wake up, the better.

David Birchall is offline Junior Member
    Knutsford at weekends, Lancaster through the week

I usually drift off about 11 or 12 and get up around 6 so 6-7 hours

Since going primal I tend to wake up at sunrise feeling energetic, whenever that may be - It's the weirdest thing. Also when I am in ketosis and especially when I IF, I wake up feeling extra energized and focused and can push harder in my morning workouts. Anyone else noticed this?

mike_nyc is offline Junior Member

I sleep around 7 hours a night but never wake up energized, I wish I did. I wish I knew what I was doing wrong.

Legerity is offline Junior Member

Probably around 7-8 hours. I don't think it's top quality sleep though...

BayouPrimal is offline Member

I get 7-8 hours, but I've always been slow to get up. I usually lay in bed for 10 minutes listening to the radio before I can wake up enough to get out of bed. 6am is just not a good time for me 7-7:30am seems to be when I wake up if I'm not on an alarm clock.

My wife and I have our own humble food blog. Not 100% primal, but we try to keep it interesting.
    www.fatandflour.com

I get between five and ten hours a night. Just depends on how late I get off work and how late I have to go back in.

StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member

Usually about eight hours. Before I went Primal I could sleep for ten hours and still feel tired the next day.

Lovestoclimb is offline Senior Member

Usually around 8. In bed around 9 and up at 5 or 10-6. Weekends will sometimes vary.

I grok, therefore I am.

aboutsaffron is offline Senior Member

generally, around 7-8. i usually conk out about 10:30-11:00 & then i'm up around 6:30 or so. i'm lucky that i don't have to be at work until 9:00am & only live about seven minutes away, so if i feel the need to sleep in, i do.

of course, i've been under the weather the last few weeks, so i've let myself sleep as much as possible.

And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the wind longs to play with your hair
    Kahlil Gibran

http://simplesunshine.wordpress.com

Fury22 is offline Senior Member

Not enough

Check out my blog!

http://easternstrength.blogspot.com/

I like to throw, squat and pull heavy things for fun.

We're designed to be hunters and we're in a society of shopping. There's nothing to kill anymore, there's nothing to fight, nothing to overcome, nothing to explore. In that societal emasculation this everyman is created. ~David Fincher, director of Fight Club, interview with Gavin Smith, "Inside Out," Film Comment, Sep/Oct 1999

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast