Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How many hours do you sleep a night? page 2

maba is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

Usually 8, but with pregnancy, I can't seem to wake up before 10 hours

Brewtality Guest

I am like 8-10 hours of intermittent sleep (8:00pm - 5:30am). I am likely to get up several times throughout he night and walk around. I think it goes back to primal man having to stoke the fire at night to stay warm. Why else would a sleep cycle be an hour and a half, which is about how long a fire will burn?

ToniWA is offline Senior Member

I'm in the bed for at least 7, but never sleep through the night. I've been fasting everyday for 14-20hrs with a small feeding window which has left me with SO much energy. I can't seem to settle myself down for bed even though my workouts are at least 3hrs before I hit the sack.

I only slept about 2 hrs the other night and never yawned or felt drowsy at all the next day. Friggin weird, but I'll take it.

IntoTheSea is offline Junior Member

Brewtality -- I think the idea of intermittent sleep really interesting. Before electricity, people enjoyed what was known as "first sleep" (from sunset until about midnight) and "second sleep" (from about one in the morning until sunrise). During the hour of two before going back to bed for "second sleep" people would enjoy a bite to eat, go out and talk to neighbors, etc. All this is documented in Roger Ekirch's At Day's Close: Night in Times Past...

Brewtality Guest

I thought I had severe sleep issues, even though I was rarely ever tired. Then, I watched survivorman and saw him waking up to stoke the fire regularly, and thought... thats what I do, and it would have been the norm before electricity.

I just wake up, get up and get a drink, maybe walk around for a few minutes (I need to stretch out). If you compare me to most people I know, I am alway more awake and alert than them, and have the least trouble waking in the morning. I am that annoying guy who always gets to work an hour early, and is energetic. My dad is the same way.

tooround is offline Senior Member

7 or 8 when I work the day shift. I only got almost 6 last night and I feel like a bag!

When I have a day off, I love love love a nap. 40 or 45 minutes works good for me.

lebowski is offline Junior Member

Since going primal, I've had mixed results with sleep. I sleep deeper and through the night, but wake up totally groggy and dead tired. My body's obviously telling me I need more. I go to bed around 12 and wake up at 6:30 - 7. Before going primal, I woke up throughout the night and was completely awake at 5:30 - 6. This was on 5- 6 hours of sleep. Maybe I have the "sleep debt" that Mark referred to in today's article. My goal is to get to bed by 10 - 11, but there are just too many things to do during those final hours of solitude.

animalcule is offline Senior Member

5-7, sometimes 8. The longer I sleep in the morning, the worse I feel. If I sleep only 5-6 I get sleepier at the end of the day than otherwise, but feel as alert as usual the whole day. I should go to bed earlier but never seen to make it before midnight. When I ate high-carb I used to feel like I was drugged in the mornings and slept 9, 10 hours and napped during the day often.

Lillian is offline Member

Before PB, I used to sleep for 10+ hours and still be tired when I wake up. Now I get tired around 10/11 and wake up whenever the sun comes up, which is usually around 730 even though my alarm is set for 800am so roughly 8-9 hrs

mandabear2010 is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I could sleep longer, I am sure. But As of right now I usually get tired about 10:30/11:00 go to bed and sleep from 11:00/11:30-6:30/7 so about 7.5 hours. I would like to not need to use an alarm clock but I am not sure exactly how to do that... so until then, I will hit snooze!

Live Like No One Else

http://primalterp.blogspot.com/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast