Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Acne Returned Since Starting Primal page 3

Gilleh is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Cut the eggs and nuts - going paleo/primal gives you the freedom to eat loads of eggs
    I don't think we're supposed to eat that many eggs.
    I suggest even going more extreme as to cut chicken too. just eliminate all O-6 for 30 days and see what happens.

I've made a post on paleohacks, go and read - Eggs and Acne relation - PaleoHacks.com
    Last edited by Gilleh; 07-17-2012 at 11:19 PM.
    Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

JesseJe is offline Member
    That's a great link thank you. I've still been eating the eggs and broken out even more its driving me nuts. The eggs aren't amazing quality either I'm assuming, my mother is buying them at the moment. I'm gonna stop completely now with them and see if it goes away. Thanks

WeldingHank is offline Senior Member
    I'll give a +1 on "toxicity" leaving your body.

I had terrible acne as a teenager too. I got it to clear up once back then, when I got a kidney stone (from consuming 1/2-3/4gallon of milk per-day) and no water. I immediately switched to water only, and poof my acne cleared up. I thought it was the water doing it, so I added back in milk because I liked it and my acne just came back and I never made the connection.

But, I have had the same symptoms you have with acne now. It went away for the first 2 months, then came back for a month and now I'm better than ever(off/on primal 1.5 years total, strict the last 7 months).

Artichoke is offline Senior Member
    It's not eggs, it's probably toxins now you're eating cleaner. I got them when I went organic but they've gone now.

Gilleh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseJe View Post
    That's a great link thank you. I've still been eating the eggs and broken out even more its driving me nuts. The eggs aren't amazing quality either I'm assuming, my mother is buying them at the moment. I'm gonna stop completely now with them and see if it goes away. Thanks
    Good luck - tell us how it goes, it's important that we figure out what triggers that condition.
    If you gorged on the eggs like I did, it might take a while for the body to adjust. Hang in there.
    For other people who made comments - remember toxicity comes in many forms..
    Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

JesseJe is offline Member
    Hey all well good news the acne is gone. I say gone because its been 4 days since a new breakout which were coming once a day at least. You know what did it? Cut out the eggs completely. That's the only thing I changed.

I'm not necessarily going to make the final conclusion on that, but in this mini experiment, it worked so far. Also, it might not be eggs themselves but the quality of the eggs I was eating.

I'm going to give it another week egg free, if I have no acne I will reintroduce them and then we'll have our answer

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseJe View Post
    Hey all well good news the acne is gone. I say gone because its been 4 days since a new breakout which were coming once a day at least. You know what did it? Cut out the eggs completely. That's the only thing I changed.

I'm not necessarily going to make the final conclusion on that, but in this mini experiment, it worked so far. Also, it might not be eggs themselves but the quality of the eggs I was eating.

I'm going to give it another week egg free, if I have no acne I will reintroduce them and then we'll have our answer
    Most eggs contain soy, even the organic/pastured ones as they're typically supplemented with corn and soy feed. Tropical Traditions sells soy-free eggs, but they're extremely expensive. You could very well have a soy allergy, but given the quantities you may be one of the unfortunate ones sensitive to eggs.

Another possibility is to try duck eggs, turkey or goose eggs. Maybe you're only sensitive to chicken eggs, but they are all very hard to find. I sure can't find any!
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123