Thread: 5 LBS of Meaty Goodness page

brahnamin is offline Senior Member

5 LBS of Meaty Goodness

Primal Fuel
    I ate awesomeness for dinner. Figured I'd pass this accident of mismatched ingredients on.

It didn't last long enough for me to get a picture, but I took a 3 LB beef tenderloin and stuffed it with 2 LBS of fresh medium-spice bulk sausage (pig was killed just last week). Breakfast style sausage, flavor wise. Lots of pork flavor and heat. No sage or italian herbs or anything. Salt and Pepper were my only seasonings on the loin. Nothing added to the sausage.

To stuff, make an incision down the length of the loin that cuts only as deep as the center of the loin, then make a horizontal incision down the length of the loin to either side at the bottom of you initial incision (makes a long upside down T). Pack with bulk sausage.

Roast at 250 for 1 1/2 hours. Switch to broiler as heat source set @ 500 for last 5 minutes to brown and crisp top layer of sausage. Still, it had a wonderful texture and a deep rich flavor.

Tender. Gorgeous flavor. Tastes a lot like bacon wrapped filet mignon, but near impossible to keep the meat pink let alone red and still get the sausage done.

aix_sponsa is offline Senior Member
    Whoa, that sounds so dang good!

Metric is offline Senior Member
    Mmm. May have to try this. Thanks for the share!!
    Starting Weight: 208 lbs
    Current Weight: 166.8 lbs