Thread: Beef liver recipes anyone? page

Iron Will is offline Senior Member

Beef liver recipes anyone?

Primal Fuel
    I think the title says it all. Can anyone help me with a liver recipe? I bought some yesterday and now I'm stuck. I haven't eaten liver since I was about 10 and it was nasty then. Is it any better now? lol

ehanner is offline Junior Member
    For me, it's sliced into 1 inch cubes and cooked in garlic butter on low/medium heat with caramelized onions. As soon as it starts to bleed, shut the heat off. Don't want to over cook it.

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    I like it cut in thin slices and cooked in butter until it is just firming up - still bleeding. A good scattering of chopped fresh sage leaves and black pepper is good with this. I have this about twice a week - either breakfast or lunch.It is so quick and easy.

Rosemary 231 is offline Senior Member
    [QUOTE=breadsauce;904157]still bleeding.QUOTE]

Is this "real blood" bleeding? Not red meat juice? This isn't helping!

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Cooked in butter on medium/high for a bit less than a minute on each side. Eat it strait like that OR add sauteed onions (I cook the heck out of those, but never my meat ).

Other option is to make a smoothie (yogurt and frozen berries) then add a few ounces of raw liver and blend the heck out of all of it. My kids can never tell there is any liver in it.

The other option is pate. I'm sure there are some good recipes to google.

Another one (last one), is to cut it up into small pieces and mix it with your ground beef. DO NOT try to blend it then mix it with the beef (was way messy). This covers the taste also quite easily.

I've grown to like a lot of things I didn't when I was 10, but liver is still an .......aquired taste from what I can tell.
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 07-18-2012 at 11:54 AM.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    OK i love liver, She doesnt however.

Crazy liver idea

Beef tallow

Saute, Onion, leek, mushrooms

Add freshly grated, Ginger, Garlic, Turmeric, Thai Chillies, salt, pepper,

set phasers on kill

Add Liver cut into 1"x1/2" strips

Turn quickly till browned and juices begin to come out.

pour in 1/4 cup bone broth.

flip till evenly distributed.

eat with chop sticks.

Mt cow man gives me all the liver he cannot sell. I was pretty horrified that i got about 30 pounds last time as that MEANT i would have to forgo my fair share of ribeye....

Not any more
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Iron Will is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Cooked in butter on medium/high for a bit less than a minute on each side. Eat it strait like that OR add sauteed onions (I cook the heck out of those, but never my meat ).

Other option is to make a smoothie (yogurt and frozen berries) then add a few ounces of raw liver and blend the heck out of all of it. My kids can never tell there is any liver in it.

The other option is pate. I'm sure there are some good recipes to google.

Another one (last one), is to cut it up into small pieces and mix it with your ground beef. DO NOT try to blend it then mix it with the beef (was way messy). This covers the taste also quite easily.

I've grown to like a lot of things I didn't when I was 10, but liver is still an .......aquired taste from what I can tell.
    That's what I was thinking about trying to make is pate.... I just remember each time I had liver as a kid *shudder* Gawd it was nasty stuff... I know I know. Suck it up princess!!! lol

Thanks for all the suggestions.