Thread: Changing in NC page

Leasa is offline Junior Member

Changing in NC

Primal Fuel
    I am so nervous to even start this lifestyle but here I am, ready to do something, even if its not 100% correct. Little background on me, I am 41, married, 4 kids, 2 grandkids, the whole wonderful life thing. I am 5'5 and currently 142.6 pounds. I did 4 complete rounds of HCG since March 2011 and went from 165 to 127 in the first 2 rounds. I stabilized perfect and had no issues staying between 127-130 until I had surgery late last year. This surgery was elective (a boob job as a reward for losing almost 40 pounds) and didnt go well and resulted in 4 more surgeries to finally make things perfect, last surgery was May of this year. I went from 127 to 151 in 8 months. I just did another round of HCG and lost 9 pounds but I am done with the whole limited foods, limited amounts and either starving physically or mentally. So here I am. I am not a stranger to avoiding all grains or real sugar. I used to use about 2.5 pounds of real sugar in my coffee every week before I started doing HCG. I havent used real sugar in anything since March 16, 2011. Although I am addicted to splenda, truvia and stevia now. I am really confused if I can continue with using any of thos products in my coffee or ice tea? I also love heavy whipping cream or coconut milk in my coffee. So I am still researching what I can and cant do but its one day at a time I guess. So here is to a new lifestyle.

Sooze is offline Member
    Hi Leasa! I'm in SC, and did 2.5 rounds of hcg.. the 2nd was hard, didn't really net me any loss, and the 1/2 was horrid and didn't help at all so I gave up, went with what I knew made me feel good (I felt terrific each phase 3 on no sugar and starch) and decided that even if I don't lose another pound, the health and energy I feel from no grains and sugar is worth it. I went from 170 to 139 and stabilized around 150, so I still feel like I achieved something...but would never try it again over just eating primal!

I use heavy whipping cream in my coffee, about 2 tbsp a day total, and if I want any sweetener at all it is stevia only. In fact,a after 6 months primal, if I use anything else it tastes chemically, and even stevia mixed with erythritol - which used to be fine for me- causes immediate stomach issues! So my body is really loving the natural ingredients. So.. my opinion is just use plain stevia. I use NuNaturals.

I can't believe you're a grandma at 41! I am trying to conceive our third baby, at almost 36

Leasa is offline Junior Member
    Yes, we have a 20 month old granddaughter and a 4 month old grandson. My oldest 2 girls are 21 and 23, and we still have 2 girls at home, 13 and 16. I would like to be able to quit hwc and sweetener all together, that is one of my goals.