Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: There and back again....an ongoing lesson in a new way of life. page 2

BrodieMN is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    184.5 with a 39.5" waist.

I lifted heavy things yesterday and had a big breakfest afterwards of 2 eggs, 4 slices of bacon, 1 cup of brocoli with sour cream and salsa. For lunch, I had a salad an chicken. At suppertime, I was starving. I had a 16oz. steak with another cup of brocoli covered in butter......wow was I still hungry at 9pm. I refrained from eating though.

Tonight I am going to the racetrack again for $1 night. Cheap entertainment.

annedawso is offline Senior Member
    I lost a lot of weight years ago with Atkins and agree my eating regime is very similar to then.
    Though as I have got older the weight has took longer to come off this time around.

There is no way I would have enjoyed the pit of life. I would have found it sickening. Though no doubt my husband and kids would have loved it.

I tried to lift today, but I have a cold. I slept like crap and I am to weak. Maybe tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by annedawso View Post
    I lost a lot of weight years ago with Atkins and agree my eating regime is very similar to then.
    Though as I have got older the weight has took longer to come off this time around.

There is no way I would have enjoyed the pit of life. I would have found it sickening. Though no doubt my husband and kids would have loved it.
    There were many women with their sons that enjoyed the Pit of Life where things go to die.

Yesterday, I was well enough to try lifting heavy things. I went to the gym at work and performed dead lifts, bench, squats and one armed row...I have no idea what it is called. Afterwards, I went to the grocery store and picked up two pieces of chicken and a salad and then drove over to the Izaak Walton beach on Bush lake for a picnic and swim.

I am sore! I can't lift very heavy weights....weakling Does anyone know if I should be using a weight belt if I am using free weights?

Well, I spent the weekend with my buddies at a cabin in WI. I whooped it up for sure and drank more than my fair share of Captain Morgan with diet...yummy. Not sure what I will weigh on Wed, but oh well I had fun. We did a little work in terms of lifting heavy things like downed trees and cleared out brush and we played like jumping off the pontoon to catch a football.
    Last edited by BrodieMN; 09-06-2012 at 08:06 AM.

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    I love my Vibrams, but if you just keep on doing your barefoot walks, handling the pebbles will get easier. I'm working towards barefoot, myself.

The weekend must have done me in...oh well. Back to primal. I sprinted today, but didn't lift heavy things. I am very busy.

184.5 and waist is 39 1/4"

I lifted on Friday and it was tough.

I coach my son's football team and we have been busy!!!!! Wow, all the times I called the coach a bum. I take it back I am now the bum. So many things going on.

I am a member of the Izaak Walton league. Last night, they had a banquet in MN for 90 years of existence. Congrats on 90 years Ikes !!!!!!!! The Ikes are one of America's quiet but powerful conservation organizations that is full of people that just flat out care and do more than write checks and lobby.

Nature is where I play. Today, I will go for a long walk.

181.5 and waist is 39"

What a surprise stepping on the scale today. I went tubing on Sat, to the state fair on Sun and swam and lifted today. I cheated on eating though

Sept is going to be crazy busy. Wow, being a football coach is alot of work!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast