Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: David's Fasting Journal page 9

Piscator is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Yeah, I was being a bit sarcastic there.
    Allergies again this morning, but the air here in our little canyon town is thick with smoke from all the wild fires in the region.

Siobhan is online now Senior Member
    My friends have told me that if I say, "Wheat is murder" one more time they will hit me over the head with a hammer. (But it is...)
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

You should make that phrase into a T-shirt and bumper stickers - market to the primal/paleo/gluten-free crowd. Come up with a cool logo with it - I'll buy a shirt, your first customer.

Siobhan is online now Senior Member
    Alas, someone has beaten me to it -

Fat Head Wheat Is Murder
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Weight - 151.0
    BP - 110/69
    Pulse - 55

Looks like my weight is creeping up. Strange, as I don't look any bigger at all and my clothes still fit the same. I've been following the Convict Conditioning routine regularly and am getting stronger. I know everybody who starts working out and gains weight always says "oh, it's the muscle gain" - but I can't figure anything else. I have had some higher carbs the last couple of days, so maybe that's a contributor.
    Last edited by Piscator; 08-30-2012 at 07:44 AM. Reason: misssssspelling

I've been posting on the other fasting challenge thread - several of us are going about 4 days. I'm at about 57 hours into it right now. My starting weight - after a weekend of sugar binging - was 152.2.
    Weight - 147.6
    BP - 111/68
    Pulse - 63

It seems like I'm looking as lean now as I did at 135 pounds at the end of 21 days, so the strength training is doing me some good.

Weight - 145.8
    BP - 121/66
    Pulse - 52

So this is the last day of my nearly 4 day fast (challenge). I will end it today after 5 pm - plan on breaking the fast with pemmican again. While I'm 10 pounds heavier than when I ended the 21 day fast, it seems like I may look even a little bit leaner. Is it possible than I've added 10 pounds of muscle? Seems unlikely, but I'm definitely getting stronger from my Convict Conditioning routine. I got through the Jackknife Squats yesterday, doing 3 sets of 40 and did the Flat Bent Leg Raises and Straight Bridges as well, although I didn't manage to advance through those. I haven't had anything but water and salt since starting this fast and I'm really missing coffee. I'm at almost 81 hours and planning to go 90. Homestretch

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789