Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: David's Fasting Journal page 8

Piscator is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thanks for the feedback Coconut!

Went camping over the weekend and kept it pretty primal, although I also had beer, bourbon and wine - but felt great all weekend. Returned home Sunday afternoon and weighed 145. Went to a b-day party at a local Mexican restaurant last night and binged: 3 margaritas (probably made with typical crap mixer), beans and rice, then had cake and also tortilla chips. Felt like crap this morning, with allergies, eyelids feel swollen, weight 148, BP 126/76, with a pulse of 74. This is how I always felt pre-primal, in the mornings.

Forgot to mention - it's blackberry season here. I had lots of blackberries on Saturday and Sunday.

mommymd is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Piscator View Post
    I'm thinking of setting up a web-site as a fasting expert now. I'm going to be selling all the meals you'll need for your fast - each 1-week fasting kit will cost about $100. Someday soon I'll be living the American dream - you'll see my infomercials...
    ^ Funny.

When I was reading about your fast, I was worried about your electrolytes. Did you do any other salt? (other than the salt your wife brought back which you mentioned)

mommymd

ps I know you know this, but drop that alcohol.

Salt was it. Do you think the low energy days were electrolyte related? If so, maybe I'll have to try this again - haha.

Weight this morning 146.8.
    BP - 120/70
    Pulse - 58

Something else I've noticed: I've had lower back pain - kidney area - nearly every morning for years, in fact since doing Atkins in the late 90s. Pain always disappeared after a glass of water. The pain's gone now, no water needed.

Up early for my Wednesday meeting, ughhhh, didn't want to get up.

Weight - 146.6
    BP - 105/65
    Pulse - 55.

Running late...

Day 14 BF - two weeks since breaking my fast
    Weight - 146.0
    BP - 117/71
    Pulse - 65

Yesterday was a higher carb day for me than typical (unless I'm having beer). Starting in the morning, I had a grande capuccino
    from Starbucks and then no more carbs until after 5 pm. Then while walking the dog, I had several handsful of freshly picked blackberries - how can anyone resist? Then a medium sized apple (apple tree in my yard). And with dinner, lots of cooked cabbage and a fairly good sized baked yam - mmmmm.
    Last edited by Piscator; 08-17-2012 at 08:24 AM.

Day 15 BF
    Weight - 145.2
    BP - 119/76
    Pulse - 61

I mentioned adding sauerkraut to my diet upon breaking my fast, and I've kept that up. Started out with a couple of lactic-acid fermented brands from my local health-food store, but I've also started making it myself. I'll be finishing eating my first batch later today, and I have a second batch fermenting now which will be ready early next week. I'm really enjoying this stuff, and need to buy some proper crocks - having been using a large jar and a low crock-pot crock, neither of which is ideal.

Day 19 BF
    Weight - 146.8
    BP - 115/69
    Pulse - 55

So, it seems I'm staying right between 145 and 148 pounds - reaching the higher level after the weekend, when I'm taking in carbs - usually in the form of beer or wine, and then getting back down to 145 by Friday morning. I've only done one 20 some hour fast in nearly 3 weeks since the big fast, and feel like I could use another day or two. Looks like I'm traveling tomorrow, so that may be a good time to get in a 36 hour fast. We'll see.

Day 22 BF
    Weight 146.4
    BP - 125/71
    Pulse - 61

Had some cross-country biz travel Wed and Thursday, so took the opportunity to IF during my plane time on Wednesday. Had dinner Tuesday night and broke the fast Thursday morning (approx 33 hours) with a triple grande capuccino. I then met a client for lunch an hour later and ordered a Caeser salad topped with calamari. I didn't even think about the croutons when I ordered it, and then the damned calamari was breaded (on a salad?). I didn't figure it would be much of an issue, so I ate the whole thing. Last night driving home from the airport I was suffering with allergies though - and still am this morning. My last little allergy bout was the morning after eating bread. Gee, I wonder if there's a connection.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Oh, there's a connection all right. Wheat is murder!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast