Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: David's Fasting Journal page 5

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Wow! You are almost there. 135 is just around the corner.

Piscator is offline Senior Member
    I know Sabine, and with two more weigh-ins, it could actually happen! However, that little fat roll is still there, dammit. This fast has been too difficult to let that fat roll remain, so I will work on it. Probably staying on the fast for another 10 days or so would do it, but I'm ready to eat so I'll take care of it eventually. Did you catch Mark's post yesterday on carb refeeding? The leptin reaction really seems to fit with the lethargy I was feeling over the past week.

BTW - I have really appreciated you and Siobhan weighing in here. Just a comment or two from someone really makes a difference. Maybe I should return the favor, huh?

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    So great to follow your progress! You are almost there! I admire your dedication and thought processes.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Maybe in the aftermath of the fast your body will do some redistribution, and siphon that fat off to be used elsewhere. I think you should take a picture of your stomach, and then another one in a month, and see if there's a difference.

Glad my comments have been welcome. I know I always get a boost when someone posts on my journal. And then, I am very interested in fasting these past few months, so it is good to hear your experiences.

I didn't read about the carb refeeding. I am being extra strict with myself for a while, and figured I don't need to hear about the benefits right now: it might tempt me.

Glad to hear you had the pep to go shopping. Food is a great motivator! Hope your last day is a good one.

Ohhhhh, there was plenty of strength for shopping. I got home and my wife had cooked a burger which just smelled fantastic. I thought it was a good opportunity to pre-bake my bacon - something I usually do weekly. So that's all ready now too. Just have today to get through.

Day 21 - whoo-hoo!
    Weight - 146.4
    BP - 100/64
    Pulse - 53

Have put some thought into re-populating my gut with healthy bacteria while I'm at this virgin state. I plan to break my fast tomorrow with some homemade pemmican, maybe an ounce and a half and then let that sit for a couple of hours. I had decided that I would then indulge bacon and eggs - God I love bacon and eggs! - but realize the bacon I bought is traditionally cured and will have some sugar. So, I've bought some traditionally prepared sauerkraut - lacto-fermented - that I'll have within an hour or so of the pemmican and then again with bacon and eggs. Theorizing that the sugar could allow unhealthy bacteria or yeast to gain a lead over the healthy kind. For dinner, I'm planning a pork roast following the recipe I saw posted last week on slow-cooking in coconut milk and ginger - yeah. two meals of pork means I'll really be pigging out. Anyone have comments regarding my theory with the sauerkraut?

avocadogirl is offline Senior Member
    I'm a big fan of fermented foods. I'm not sure it matters if you wait an hour or so. I brew my own kombucha and coconut water kefir, and make my own lacto-fermented ketchup. I try to eat and drink at least 2 fermented foods every day, usually more. I'm sure there are members on here who have more specific information about timing.

I try to just have a variety of fermented foods every day, and more when I feel like I might be getting sick. I don't think you can go wrong with timing it at the end of your fast. Good luck!

Good morning. My 21 day fast has ended. Went to bed last night about 9:30 and was very restless. Woke up at 11:30, realizing I had officially passed the 21 day mark, so I got up and ate almost 3 ounces of pemmican and read a bit. I then had a very restful night.
    Weight - 135.8
    BP - 116/66
    Pulse - 67 (woah - pretty high)

I'm going to indulge in some sauerkraut and bacon and eggs here shortly and begin the prep for the ginger/coconut milk pork roast featured as a recipe here last week...

And look at that weight! .8 after it, but you DID make it down to 135! Good job! Enjoy your food today. (Also, post #46, you made yourself gain 10 pounds. )

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    And look at that weight! .8 after it, but you DID make it down to 135! Good job! Enjoy your food today. (Also, post #46, you made yourself gain 10 pounds. )
    My only defense there was that I wrote that shortly after 5 am. I love mornings, as long as I'm asleep.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast