Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: David's Fasting Journal page 3

Piscator is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'll check that out Sabine, thank you!
    So, I've been fighting the lethargy again today. I managed some planking, and then took the dog for a walk - bout a mile, but I was draggin on the walk. Oh yeah, for the record, I did planking yesterday and 1 set of 30 pushups. Anyway, I've avoided any salt intake since Sunday. Have been fighting dry-mouth, which I attributed to the coffee and tea, but I've had no caffeine today and the dry mouth has been really bad. I've been drinking loooooots of water the last couple of days and just can't seem to beat it. Oh well...

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I've just read your journal; very interesting! Hope all goes well today.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Thanks Siobhan!

Up early for my Wednesday morning meeting.
    Weight - 143.6
    BP - 98/62 - is that right?
    Pulse - 62

Second reading
    BP - 109/58
    Pulse - 59

Begins day 15
    Weight - 142.4
    BP-108/61
    Pulse 58

The dry-mouth problem seems to have eased a bit this morning. It was really driving me crazy the last couple of days. Did some planking yesterday and took the dog for a short walk - boy, he's really been short-changed during this fast. I can get around okay with walking but I'm really not capable of any kind of burst of energy. I have to walk upstairs to my home and even that creates a burn in my legs and increases my breathing. In the Harper's article, the writer talked about playing football with his son - I don't know how he did it. So my goal now is to go 21 days, which means I'm 2/3 of the way through this. Hunger hasn't been much of an issue the last few days, although my wife cooked a hamburger last night and that was a little bit of hell.

Managed a couple of very slow-paced walks with the dog today - he loves to run, but a slow walk lets him stop and sniff everything, so he's not complaining. i'm wondering if I'll overcome this lethargy within the next few days. I also have a plugged up ear - that doesn't seem right since I'm not eating any allergens or anything.
    As stated earlier I still have the dry-mouth symptoms, but it's better, so I haven't had as much water today. I drank so much yesterday and then had to get up to pee five times last night - not very restful.

Okay, that's quite enough complaining...

Wait, one more: have you ever noticed how many food commercials are on tv? Even the Subway bbq chicken sandwich looks good.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Hmm, I'm wondering if the dry-mouth and clogged ear are signs of your body working things out of your system. I'm very impressed by how long you are able to do this, and interested in the mental aspects. Anything to share about how your mind is working, and if you are having any troubles mentally filling the time you used to spend with food?

Sabine - I hope you're right about my body working things out. As for the mental aspect - this is just sheer will-power. For some reason I have my mind set on a minimum of 21 days and the last few days I've often thought, "well, I'm close enough", before regaining my will. The thing is, it's not even a real hunger issue. I have always had the issue of not wanting to miss anything - I'm the one who closes the bar, last to leave a party, etc. Weekends are the toughest, and this will be the last weekend. I'm dreading it. This has been more difficult the last few days with my energy at a low - I don't feel like doing anything but sitting on the couch, so I've got no activity to keep my mind off of food.

Beginning day 16
    Weight - 141.2
    BP - 93/60
    Pulse 47

So I'm back to losing a little over 1 pound per day and at this rate should be at or below 135 after 21 days - that would be a 25 pound loss and would make me pretty happy. I figure there will be at least a 5 pound gain within a day or two of eating.
    Last edited by Piscator; 07-30-2012 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Addressed Siobhan rather than Sabine - sorry Sabine

I think I may have worked through the lethargy - I've been up and downstairs several times today with no sign of weakness. The last few days have really made me question whether I should continue just because I've felt so weak. I had to move a printer yesterday that probably weighs 40 pounds, and it was a real struggle. So, just did some planking again - haven't had much trouble with that this week, but it was easier today and also did 30 pushups. That's a big step-up from my recent abilities - or lack of.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I'm really interested in your fast - you have made it so far! I will be really interested in how you feel after it is over, and if you notice any lasting benefits. I hope you will continue to post about your experience and let us learn from it.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Begins day 17
    Weight - 140.6
    BP - 101/60
    Pulse - 61

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast