Thread: Northern IL organic/grass-fed resources? page

teach2183 is offline Senior Member

Northern IL organic/grass-fed resources?

Primal Fuel
    The further I read into everything, I really want to start switching my family over to organic and grass-fed. But I keep running into our budget. As a former big-couponing family, we know the tricks of that. We already meal plan and shop sales. In a typical week we go to 3-4 different stores to get the best deals. As I venture into squeezing organic and grass fed foods into our small budget (about $90/wk for 2 adults and 2 children), I don't know where to look. So I'm hoping someone has some great finds in the area. We are in between Crystal Lake and Libertyville.

Thanks!

DashFire is offline Senior Member
    Hi teach. Always nice to see another Chicagoland-er. I'm in the city, so I'm unfortunately pretty much stuck with Whole Foods and don't know much about the burbs. But maybe check out Local Harvest and see if there are any farms / markets around you that may be of help.
    My Primal Journal - Food, pics, the occasional rant, so...the usual.

I love cooking. It's sexy science that you stuff in your face. - carlh

FrankiG is offline Member
    Have you gone through the farms at eatwild.org Here are some that deliver near where you live: Q7 Ranch, Grass-fed Beef - Chicago Illinois - Indianaplis Indiana - Fort Wayne - Cincinnati Ohio - Columbus - Dayton - there are MANY more however.
    Teacher and Homeschooler
    One husband of 9 years,
    Two kids (6 & 3)
    Pregnant with #3, due this summer

Going primal resolved my anxiety symptoms!!!

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankiG View Post
    Have you gone through the farms at eatwild.org Here are some that deliver near where you live: Q7 Ranch, Grass-fed Beef - Chicago Illinois - Indianaplis Indiana - Fort Wayne - Cincinnati Ohio - Columbus - Dayton - there are MANY more however.
    Thanks, Q7 is pretty close to me actually! Part of what is hard is knowing what is a good price.