Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How bad are potatoes really?? page 2

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by samiamm View Post
    I'm sorry but that sounds disgusting. Who knows though, lots of crazy recipes p.

But yeah I knew sweet potatoes were good, and I've always loved sweet potatoes. I swear they're the only thing you can eat and feel like you're cheating without cheating at all. I mostly meant white potatoes though because my mom uses them a lot.
    Haha obviously if you don't like goat cheese then don't eat it. I got the recipe from here.
    Mashed sweet potatoes with goat cheese
    Billie trips balls

samiamm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    Haha obviously if you don't like goat cheese then don't eat it. I got the recipe from here.
    Mashed sweet potatoes with goat cheese

It's not the goat cheese that turns me off about it, it's the meat juice

Lily Marie is offline Senior Member
    Meat juice is the liquid/broth that forms while cooking meat - you know, the stuff you use in gravy and such. Not gross at all. If you've ever eaten a roast with potatoes, you've had potatoes in meat juice.

Jorjor is offline Member
    They're fine in moderation. Yams/Sweet potatoes are ideal, don't go crazy on the russets though.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Au jus = meat juice

Au jus is one of the finest things in cooking.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

bob loblaw is offline Senior Member
    Honestly, if you compare Sweet and White potatoes, it's not a clear win for Sweet. Both have many similar traits, Sweet have more fiber, White have more minerals. Sweet has a lower glycemic, but i you are eating your potato with butter, I'd bet the glycemic levels are pretty similar.

Myself, I alternate between the two. I find I get gassy if I eat sweet potatoes every day.

zizou is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yodiewan View Post
    I agree that they're not bad at all. I eat them a few times a week as a post-workout carb. Here are Mark's posts about potatoes:

Are Potatoes Healthy? | Mark's Daily Apple
    Are Potatoes Paleo? | Mark's Daily Apple
    Just read those two links. I find it weird, why would potatoes have these defense mechanisms? Why would they possibly want to continue to live and avoid being eaten by 'predators'? Unless it is meant for us who have the ability and knowledge to peal them.

Speaking of pealing them, i take it if you peel it well and fairly deep, you'd remove most the toxins that can cause inflammation in some?

Same goes for the rest of the dame nightshades, i think i've confirmed that nightshades do contribute to inflammation in me, as i more than likely have a degree of leaky gut so i've been avoiding them, btu i did have some potatoes at friends house for dinner to not be rude, and didn't feel any symptoms in the days after, so perhaps i could include them in moderate amounts occasionally.

lotusberries is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I eat potatoes fairly frequently. I hate sweet potatoes, and can only stomach eating them a few times a year, I really can't stand them. So I eat regular white potatoes once or twice a week. Unless they cause you problems, there's no reason not to eat them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12