Good morning, everybody! I'm Liz from Cleveland. I am not yet primal - still investigating and thinking about it. I'm very interested in it but it's tough to mentally get over the hurdle of CW's "fat is really bad for you," "eat whole grains," "lots of meat and eggs causes cholesterol issues," etc.

Heart disease runs in my family (both sides, yay!) so I know I need to take better care of myself. I'm currently overweight - 5'9", about 228 lbs. Fortunately I'm still an hourglass so most of it is on my hips and thighs and I carry it reasonably well. It helps when you don't look as fat as you know you are, LOL.

I'm currently training for my first 5K and I have had a few runners tell me, "yeah, paleo/primal is good, but wait until after your 5K to start it" due to the carb flu. I'm running 3-4 times a week and really don't want to be sidelined. Being so new to running, if I miss a couple days I really feel it. But my 5K isn't until mid-September and I don't want to wait that long. On a side note, I'm doing all my running (hell, all my LIVING!) in Vibram Bikilas. LOVE those shoes.

I've tried Atkins before and only made it a week - I was very angry and ready to rip people's heads off due to the severe shortage of carbs. I like the PB better as it's more low to moderate carb, instead of VLC. That gives me a bit of hope I may be able to do it.

Anyway, I've been lurking for several days now and figured it would be rude not to introduce myself. :-)