Thread: Primal Blogs - What do you love/hate? What's missing? page

DashFire is offline Senior Member

Question Primal Blogs - What do you love/hate? What's missing?

There are a ton of great Primal blogs out there. Since going primal I've been thinking about starting up a blog, both to help me gather and clarify what I'm learning, but also serve as a resource for others. However, before I go starting up Yet Another Primal Blog, wanted to get some feedback...

So would love your thoughts on the Primal/Paleo blogosphere. Here are a few questions to spark some feedback (don't feel obligated to answer them all, anything is appreciated). I want this to be a resource that serves the Primal community.

When it comes to Primal/Paleo/Wellness Blogs...
    • What's working? What do you Love?
    • What's not working? What do you dislike?
    • What do you really wish there was more focus on?
    • What does there need to be less of?
    • What are your fave primal, wellness, fitness, etc blogs?
    Last edited by DashFire; 07-15-2012 at 10:13 PM.
    My Primal Journal - Food, pics, the occasional rant, so...the usual.

I love cooking. It's sexy science that you stuff in your face. - carlh

DashFire is offline Senior Member
    Anybody? I know y'all are just loaded with opinions.
    My Primal Journal - Food, pics, the occasional rant, so...the usual.

I love cooking. It's sexy science that you stuff in your face. - carlh

Paleobird Guest
    Personally I think a lot of the blogs tend to be light on the science, heavy on the rhetoric.

e.g. I would rather see well researched evidence that I can use when talking to a mis-guided vegetarian rather than just another "vegetard" bashing session.

jesssa is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I agree with paleobird, I like lots of well-presented research. One of my favourite health blogs is Whole Health Source.

Then there are more female-centric blogs that I like that aren't paleo/primal, but do give a lot of valuable information that is still usable for me and delivered in an interesting way- Joyous Health, Butter Believer and Naturally Knocked Up. I guess I just like the way these women write about the issues that they are passionate about.

I like a blog that tells me new things and is well written, not something that just regurgitates info I can get everywhere else. If you write well about something I find interesting, I'll tune in at least every now and then. Personally I also dislike a blogger who becomes too preachy.

Just thought of something else: I like a blog that is easy to navigate by keywords, topics, etc. I despise having to click back through pages instead of easily finding all the posts grouped together. At the very least, a search function.
    Last edited by jesssa; 07-17-2012 at 06:55 PM.
    it does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live

at just the right time, we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don't give up