Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fermented foods page 2

chickenbackside is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I eat fermented veggies everyday. Mostly kimchi, but often sauerkraut, natto, pickles, olives...

Perfect poop!

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    I make lacto-ferments of varios veggie combos along with 24hour yogurt. I don't do kefir (cause feeding them grains is a pain ). I do get a "boost" from eating fermented veggies. I'm not sure if it is the cayenne pepper I've been using lately or not though.

avocadogirl is offline Senior Member
    Hi,
    I'm new here but I thought I'd add that this blog has a lot of great fermented food tutorials:

Nourished Kitchen

I'm working on preserved lemons right now, and I plan on trying out some of her other recipes. I've made my own kombucha in the past but with 2 kids that like to help in the kitchen, it's become more of a science experiment.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by avocadogirl View Post
    Hi,
    I'm new here but I thought I'd add that this blog has a lot of great fermented food tutorials:

Nourished Kitchen

I'm working on preserved lemons right now, and I plan on trying out some of her other recipes. I've made my own kombucha in the past but with 2 kids that like to help in the kitchen, it's become more of a science experiment.
    Enjoyed that website. Silly question, what do you do with the fermented lemons? I was reading and you can eat rind and all but wondering what to do with them? OH I see other ideas for uses, but will still post my question and get more ideas

I bought a dehydrator last year, for when things like lemons go on sale I can take advantage of it, (even though I forget about it and have never tried lemons) but I am liking the idea of fermenting some things also.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12