Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mayo Clinic review of the Hunter Gatherer Diet page 2

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I actually don't like chicken skin. I throw it to the dog. *Runs away from lynching mob*
    Me too. I can never get it crispy. It's always soggy. Then again, I have chicken in my freezer now for the first time in probably 6 months. I see no reason to eat chicken when beef and lamb are options. I almost never want the stuff...unless it's chicken breast wrapped in bacon.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

MANthrax is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Omni View Post
    I have been pondering the lean meat thing for a while and I think it needs to be taken in context.
    Just because HG's ate the fatty parts of animals they hunted, it would be rare that they didn't eat the bulk of the animal, which in the wild would have been a lot of lean skeletal muscle. It is a major time and energy expenditure to orchestrate a successful hunt & one of the primary concepts of the HG is conserve energy (lazy) so they would not always be hunting, if the carcase was there it would be consumed as much as possible before it went off.
    I think you can easily fall into the trap of only consuming the fatty parts because we have access to unlimited quantities, ideally one should probably cycle through a variety of meats and even have some failed hunt days (no meat), undoubtably this is something our ancestors would have dealt with on a regular basis.
    I agree with what you say on consumption of the entire animal. However, when the writer states "skinless chicken" it is in my belief he is speaking from his "Keyes" education.

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    Me too. I can never get it crispy. It's always soggy. Then again, I have chicken in my freezer now for the first time in probably 6 months. I see no reason to eat chicken when beef and lamb are options. I almost never want the stuff...unless it's chicken breast wrapped in bacon.
    Yeah, I'm just not "feeling the chicken" much lately either. I won't turn it down if a friend is serving it but I don't seek it out either.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12