Thread: So my mom bought this new (no oil) frying pan page

samiamm is offline Senior Member

So my mom bought this new (no oil) frying pan

Shop Now
    Apparently, you don't need any oil or butter to cook with it, because of some kind of specks green coating. Idk wth this thing is, but is it safe to cook with??

Walmart.com: As Seen on TV OrGREENic 10" Frying Pan: Kitchen & Dining[m]&wl3=14106492310&wl4=&wl5=pla&veh=sem

spughy is offline Senior Member
    Yeah I have a couple of those. They're actually pretty nice - the ceramic non-stick is a lot better than teflon and apparently completely non-reactive. However, the "cook with no oil" is a bit optimistic (and why would you want to anyway???) unless you're cooking something with a lot of fat in it, like ground meat, lamb chop or duck breast. I wouldn't put a boneless skinless chicken breast or an egg in there with no oil or butter with much optimism.

PrimalPam is offline Member
    I have this pan and love it! The eggs don't stick at all! However, I do use coconut oil or butter to cook with, because it adds to the flavor. Food in my old pans stuck regardless of how much oil or butter I used.

You do have to "season" the pan every 6 months or so, by wiping with oil and drying off. Not sure why, but I'm one to follow directions.
    Truly Paleo since 1/1/2012 (Doing Leptin reset)
    Turned 50 on 3/8/2012 !!!
    5'2" Female
    11/27/2011: 162.8 lbs.
    7/15/12 : 148.6 lbs.
    Clean Paleo diet: Lots of CO, Meat, Seafood, and doing CT 5x/week, 40 mins @ 50-52 degrees F

Inksplat is offline Member
    Personally, I would never give up my stainless steel pans. But ceramic would probably be where I'd go otherwise, because teflon is the devil.

Though, I'm guessing the ceramic wouldn't work with an induction stovetop, and those are getting more and more common.
    SW: 324.6 ----- CW: 310
    Primal Journal

Dirlot is online now Senior Member
    Great pan...add the oil and butter though...so much tastier.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!