Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking good vs feeling good page

JoanieL is offline Senior Member

Looking good vs feeling good

Vanity/trite thread fersure.

Let's say for argument sake that you're about 33 lbs from goal weight (a lot, but better than the 88 pounds from goal weight that started this too often traveled journey).

You are looking at some photos from last time you came off of self-medicating with food and alcohol and you notice an unusual thing.

At 132 pounds you looked positively boinkable. At 117 pounds, you look a little like a bobble head doll - big head; skinny body. But, you remember that at 117 pounds you moved better than you had in 20 years. Your bp was 114/75. All the feeling stuff was good. But, you kinda looked like a little boy with breasts.

What would you set as your goal weight?

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    I would stop relying on the scale and just focus on getting to a point where you feel good again.

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    i would focus on feeling good, regardless of weight. your weight isn't really a great measure of health. if you basically follow the ten primal laws, you'll be healthy. body fat percentage and other markers of body composition are better to focus on. the primal blueprint isn't exactly about losing weight; it's about achieving homeostasis, which is really your optimal size/health/etc.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Maintain your set point, whatever that is.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by fiercehunter View Post
    Maintain your set point, whatever that is.
    what if it is 350 pounds?

as for the OP, I agree, go to where you feel best whether that be where you are now or less. Also you could always lose fat and not weight (build muscle in other words). Batty had an awesome thread on that. No reason skinny has to equal healthiest.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Eat, move, enjoy...anything else is over-thinking your weight.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Figlio di Moros is offline Senior Member
    Go with looking good; the world can always use some more eye-candy.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Without getting into a long diatribe, I will tell you that I'm trying not to overthink weight. But I'd also like to say that the emotional scars one gets by how one is treated as a fat woman in this culture are not easily healed.

I'll get there. I rarely make it to the finish line first, but I almost always get there.

solstice is offline Senior Member
    In the beautiful mountains of Pennsylvania!
    When I was at my skinniest---I was not feeling as healthy...but started to become really obsessed with how skinny I was able to get (119lbs). So I dont think that was healthy for my head either. Honestly...I'm pretty ok with my current weight---around 135 (5' 4.5") and have boobs at this weight too! ...my chest nearly disappeared at 119! I think I was best around 125---but I was never there while primal, so that could feel totally different!

Kristy2078 Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Keep in mind the height/weight chart was probably invented by the health insurance industry. I personally think 147 pounds (max per healthy "norms") for me at 5'6" would be a bit too low, especially the min weight of 133 pounds. So, I am personally aiming for 180 pounds first, and then see how things go from there. Additionally, there is a big difference between two people who are of the same height and weight but have different muscle tone (fit vs flab).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast