Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inulin in stevia? page

Gadsie is offline Senior Member

Inulin in stevia?

Primal Fuel
    My stevia powder is 5% inulin. I know it's a natural product, but not a whole food. Is it any good?
    Billie trips balls

KathyH is offline Senior Member
    No. Ditch it if you want to be paleo. Grok didn't sweeten food with powder. What do you use it for?

Quote Originally Posted by KathyH View Post
    No. Ditch it if you want to be paleo. Grok didn't sweeten food with powder. What do you use it for?
    I get what you're saying. I make my own ice cream about once a month. I always sweeten it with honey. But I don't really the like the taste of honey in ice cream.
    I'm not planning on using stevia as a food. just as an alternative to other rarely used sweeteners.
    But if it's no good, I'd like to know why
    Billie trips balls

If you use it occasionally it's OK. The reason I said ditch it completely is because no matter what sweetener you use you are basically stimulating your pleasure receptors which do not tell you what is nutritionally good or bad. Think about it, it is a synthetic, highly processed product. It is basically a food additive.

Quote Originally Posted by KathyH View Post
    If you use it occasionally it's OK. The reason I said ditch it completely is because no matter what sweetener you use you are basically stimulating your pleasure receptors which do not tell you what is nutritionally good or bad. Think about it, it is a synthetic, highly processed product. It is basically a food additive.
    Yup, I know. but I'm trying to find the "best" sweetener, which means it tastes as neutral as possible and is the healthiest option available. I think Stevia + a little Inulin is better than white sugar? I'm also considering coconut sugar...
    Billie trips balls

DinoHunter is offline Senior Member
    If your only using it for ocasional ice cream making, why not grow your own stevia and just blend up some leaves to add to your 'scream mix when needed?
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    Yup, I know. but I'm trying to find the "best" sweetener, which means it tastes as neutral as possible and is the healthiest option available. I think Stevia + a little Inulin is better than white sugar? I'm also considering coconut sugar...
    Yes, it's better than white sugar. I don't know about coconut sugar but date sugar works for me, but it's not neutral tasting, it does have some date taste and it doesn't really dissolve like white sugar because it's just dates ground or powdered and you can even make it yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by DinoHunter View Post
    If your only using it for ocasional ice cream making, why not grow your own stevia and just blend up some leaves to add to your 'scream mix when needed?
    This sounds like a good idea!

Quote Originally Posted by DinoHunter View Post
    That's a good one, but does it require a certain climate? I live in the Netherlands... horrible weather, only a 2-3 months of warmth
    Billie trips balls

Ribbons is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I don't think liquid stevia has inulin so you could try that instead. I think it's just the powdered/granulated stevia that has it because I get the little tablets that you put in coffee and they don't have inulin. It basically just bulks it up because stevia's so sweet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast