Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Inulin in stevia? page 2

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribbons View Post
    I don't think liquid stevia has inulin so you could try that instead. I think it's just the powdered/granulated stevia that has it because I get the little tablets that you put in coffee and they don't have inulin. It basically just bulks it up because stevia's so sweet.
    the liquid ones I can find have glycerine. No idea what that is but it's also in my soap so I'm not gonna eat that. I ordered some pure stevia on the internet but I'm impatient because my ice cream maker is ready NOW so I want to try it
    Billie trips balls

DinoHunter is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    That's a good one, but does it require a certain climate? I live in the Netherlands... horrible weather, only a 2-3 months of warmth
    I seem to remember my mom growing it when we lived in Canada. Kept on a windowsill in a pot & it did fine...
    Probably wouldent be able to grow it outside though..
    Last edited by DinoHunter; 07-14-2012 at 06:40 AM. Reason: stupied keyboard skipping letters
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Ribbons is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    the liquid ones I can find have glycerine. No idea what that is but it's also in my soap so I'm not gonna eat that. I ordered some pure stevia on the internet but I'm impatient because my ice cream maker is ready NOW so I want to try it
    I don't know what glycerine is but inulin is a type of soluble fibre so it won't hurt you if you're only using it once a month.

KathyH is offline Senior Member
    You know what else you could try? Soak dates (about 12-15) in fresh coconut water for about 2-3hrs and you will end up with a very sweet nectar that you can just sweeten things with. I do that and love it. You can keep it in a fridge up to 2 weeks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12