Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primal breakfasts? page

Shop Now

Any suggestions for cheap and fast primal breakfasts with high fat content? Oh, and it can include eggs because I'm highly allergic to them.

I love bacon but the only bacon I can get is soaked in preservatives. How often would you recommend eating such thing?

Dairy is fine for me.

StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member

A can of coconut milk is a nice primal breakfast. You could whizz it in the blender with some ice and some 100% cocoa powder. I have it sometimes and it's delicious.

Type 1 diabetic for 25 years.
    Low carb for 7 years, LC Primal for 2.5 of those.
    Fruit and starch free.
    Total weight loss- 3 stone/42 pounds. Current weight = 121 pounds. Height 5'5
    I take Zymessence systemic enzymes.

jermicide is offline Member

throw some raw eggs in there...

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member

Tuna, avocado and salsa on romaine lettuce is nice. With a spoonful of coconut oil for dessert.

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member

Ugh, for some reason I can't stomach raw eggs at all.

Type 1 diabetic for 25 years.
    Low carb for 7 years, LC Primal for 2.5 of those.
    Fruit and starch free.
    Total weight loss- 3 stone/42 pounds. Current weight = 121 pounds. Height 5'5
    I take Zymessence systemic enzymes.

I love coconut milk in cooking but eating it raw doesn't really work for me.

"Tuna, avocado and salsa on romaine lettuce is nice. With a spoonful of coconut oil for dessert."

Interesting combo though I don't really like tuna. And avocados are actually fairly expensive at least where I live.

NicoB is offline Senior Member

Uhmmm... Steak and veggie breakfast works for me. Stinks up the kitchen, but tasty!

Once you learn that you create your own reality and that you are fully responsible for your life, you can begin to see the world as it is and then you realize the limitless possibilities.

3fiddyz is offline Junior Member

It's very easy to make your own bacon if you can't find good none-chemical crap, I made my first batch a few weeks ago and it is simply amazing. I am fortunate to have a high quality butcher within walking distance who has Otway Ranges pasture feed free range pork (the Otway ranges are in Victoria Australia, so don't look for it in the US)

- grab 3kgs (~7 pounds) of quality pork belly

- cut into 1kg chunks

- mix up 1/2 cup rock salt and 1/2 cup brown sugar, you can add in spices here also, I did a rosemary one, a chili one and a plain one, they are all delicious, I am prepping more tomorrow and will try some more flavor combos.

- rub the salt/sugar mix into the pork belly getting as much on as you can

- place the pork belly into a zip lock bag and put it in the fridge to cure for 7 days

- every 2 days turn the bags over, you will notice large amounts of brine liquid in the bag, don't discard this solution

- on the 7th day take it out of the fridge and give it a good wash under the tap

- put the bacon back into the fridge on a plate uncovered for 24 hours

- now it's smoking time, I am lucky to have a brother who is a welder & sheety, he modified an old beer keg I had lying about into a smoker, you can also smoke on a bbq with chips in a smoke tin or in aluminium foil (google it), just make certain the smoke cooks the bacon, not direct heat. I smoked mine with red gum chips, but you can use apple wood, or any good flavored wood. It took about 6 hours for my bacon to reach 150 degrees fahrenheit inside, let it cool down and slowly fry it up for delicious tasty bacon goodness.

If anyone is interested I will take some pictures of the preparation of my next batch so you can see how I do it, its super easy and the results are amazing.

cookie is offline Senior Member

i am way interested in photos of home-batching bacon.

bring it.

ps my fav breakfast is simply a 2 egg omelette with cooked spinach, and some goat cheese (if you're into cheese), maybe if i need more food a side of whatever leftover meat is around (steak? corned beef? sausage?). yumz.

shastagirl Guest

i made a fry up with pulled pork, spinach, capsicums, mushrooms, tomatoes, avocado (put on top after cooking). it was very delicious!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast